What's the best route to go on a 200-300$ budget?

I don't absolutely HAVE to have an instrumental mic. I have a modeling processor called a DigiTech RP350, so i CAN record with that. I just wanted you all's opinions.
EQUIPMENT:
Guitars:
2003 Fender MIM Strat
2008 Ibanez AEG20E A/E Cutaway
2011 Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro
Amps:
Epiphone Valve Jr. Halfstack BitMo Trio Modded
60W All Tube Egnater Renegade Head and Cab.
you should get a good cable and maybe a hub then go strait to your computer
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
Quote by Demonikk
Shure SM57 or SM58, then get a cheap 4-band mixer like this http://www.thomann.de/gb/edirol_m10dx.htm
Run the mics into the mixers, then that into your PCs soundcard

How good of quality are those?
EQUIPMENT:
Guitars:
2003 Fender MIM Strat
Amps:
Go with the Shure SM57. At just $100 its a great mic at a killer deal.
As for running a mic into the Digitech pedal, I don't think it will work out well as the ohms are different between instrument and mic...if your manual says you can run a mic go ahead and try it.

The best way to do any type of recording though is with an audio interface. The Presonus Inspire runs at around $200 new and allows you to run instruments, pedals, and mics into it. Add that SM57 and you have your $300 rig ready to record.

I HIGHLY suggest not running an analog mixer into your sound card. It will work but if you have seen my UG recording videos, you will see how it limits your sound quality. with a $300 budget you can get an interface and mic which is the ideal setup.

BTW Edirol is a sub company of Roland and so their products should be top notch.

The PreSonus Inspire comes with Cubase LE so you are covered with a sequencer.
Last edited by moody07747 at Nov 22, 2008,
Quote by moody07747
Go with the Shure SM57. At just $100 its a great mic at a killer deal.
As for running a mic into the Digitech pedal, I don't think it will work out well as the ohms are different between instrument and mic...if your manual says you can run a mic go ahead and try it.

The best way to do any type of recording though is with an audio interface. The Presonus Inspire runs at around $200 new and allows you to run instruments, pedals, and mics into it. Add that SM57 and you have your $300 rig ready to record.

I HIGHLY suggest not running an analog mixer into your sound card. It will work but if you have seen my UG recording videos, you will see how it limits your sound quality. with a $300 budget you can get an interface and mic which is the ideal setup.

BTW Edirol is a sub company of Roland and so their products should be top notch.

The PreSonus Inspire comes with Cubase LE so you are covered with a sequencer.

Yes, I have seen your video's. They're great. And what i was saying about my pedal is it's like an interface, but just for my guitar, not a mic. It runs a USB to my comp. But okay, thanks bud! Your a mate!
EQUIPMENT:
Guitars:
2003 Fender MIM Strat
Amps: