i just broke the headstock of my les paul
do i need a hole new neck because i have no idea
and how much money am i going to be spending
sorry for the double post, meant for an edit
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Is it a bolt on or set neck? Of course the one advantage to a bolt on is the ease or replacing it and usually cheaper than a repair. You can get busted HS fixed and depending on the luthier it can be fixed just as good as new. To replace the neck on a set neck guitar can be done but usually quite expensive. I know people who have sent their Les Pauls to Gibson to be repaired but never asked the cost.
its a gibson les paul classic 2006 ebony with cream trim and gold hardwear and inlay
im not sure if it has a set neck or not
You need to take it to some pros to fix it...
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Lol.
Go take it to a licensed guitar tech, because Gibsons all have set necks. You can't replace it.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by StSOF
its a gibson les paul classic 2006 ebony with cream trim and gold hardwear and inlay
im not sure if it has a set neck or not

im loving this...you have an expensive guitar...and you dont know if its a set neck...
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Quote by fairycake92
im loving this...you have an expensive guitar...and you dont know if its a set neck...

KILL THE INTRUDER!!!

anyway yeah, get it to a luthier of some sort, will require some gluing and maybe some sort of mesh to strength it

On the plus side, some people do say that gibsons sound better if they have been repaired, though im not so convinced myself
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Is there a plate on the back of the guitar where the body meets the neck? Are there bolts connecting the body to the neck? If so, it's a BOLT-ON. If not, it's either a set neck or a neck-thru. If the latter is true, then you are going to need the help of a skilled luthier to repair your guitar. If it's a bolt-on, you are in luck as they are very easy to replace.
Logan

-Ignore the "A7X"'s in my name! I made this account before City of Evil existed!
It can be repaired!!! Take it to a pro luthier and have the broken part glued back on. And if you decide to go the new neck route... take it to a pro luthier and get it glued back on
...Yeah, you really just need to get a professional repair. A set neck's head cracking off isn't something you can fix or repair yourself without prior training.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7