SO, i have a Fender mim strat now, which i love by the way. i find the neck very smooth and very comfortable. i was thinking of maybe making it a HSS and putting an Alnico II pickup on the bridge. but, i was also considering a new guitar and i had my mind set on an Agile AL-3000...which one would sound better?? keep in mind that i would spend very little changing the pups, but around $400 bucks buying the guitar...

thanks
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
It's only an agile... And you already have a Fender.
So i would just swap out the pickups in the Fender.
i play hard rock on my strat, it's got a duncan sh-5 in the bridge position i love it.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Amp?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
crate flexwave fw15r...not very popular here on UG but i like it alot. but im going to replace that as well, probably with a VT15 or a Vypyr 15
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
g-400?
Save up 1k and buy a faded Gibby LP?
But yeah, if you're happy with the feel of the mim strat then stick with it and get a high output pickup for the bridge.
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.
yeah, pickups would be the best choice...while were on topic, what would be a good single coil/stack pickup for the neck to produce slash-esque leads?
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Play them both and decide for yourself which is more comfortable.

You can make pretty much any type of music with any guitar, it's all in your fingers. One isn't more suited to "style X" then another.

-Edit-
For pups I'm a big fan of Seymour Duncan Blackouts. Great tone and whisper quiet
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
^meh...too much output, and their active, aren't they? and i dont think theyd go very well on a strat...

any suggestions for neck single coils?
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Quote by alexdoabismo
^meh...too much output, and their active, aren't they? and i dont think theyd go very well on a strat...

any suggestions for neck single coils?

I have em on my strat and they sound great. Look at my sig :P

-Edit-
If you don't like active, check out the SD Pearly Gates.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
^oh, sorry heheheh...i just dont need so much gain on a pickup and i wanted something ALnico II for the bridge (probably the SD Custom Custom)...

so...any neck single coils yet?
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Quote by alexdoabismo
^oh, sorry heheheh...i just dont need so much gain on a pickup and i wanted something ALnico II for the bridge (probably the SD Custom Custom)...

so...any neck single coils yet?

SD mini jb/SD mini '59