Besides the design (which I actually like) and the charity donation? Do you think it would be worth the extra $100 to get the Music Rising over the black normal LP Standard, and if so, why?

I'll probably try them both at Guitar Center once I've saved up enough, but I'd at least like some input before then.

Thanks.
I'd say so, means you have a very unique guitar, plus you would have a guitar you really like and a warm feeling knowing you have done your bit for charity.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
That's why I'm considering it. Of course, I might not have enough saved up by Christmas that way, but it's a really beautiful instrument and is for an equally beautiful cause.

But is there any difference between the actual guitars?
I doubt it, just aesthetics really like the finish and the knobs.

edit

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-Music-Rising-Les-Paul-Standard-Electric-Guitar-516091-i1167860.gc

Custom gig bag, signed certificate etc.

E-Married to Funny_Page
Last edited by Chrisiphone at Nov 22, 2008,
It seems to resemble the Studio a little more than the Standard. Is this right, or is it just the dot inlays?

I'm used to dot lays anyway because I mostly play acoustic, but if it sounds any worse than the black Standard, I'm not so sure.
Quote by i_don't_know
It seems to resemble the Studio a little more than the Standard. Is this right, or is it just the dot inlays?

I'm used to dot lays anyway because I mostly play acoustic, but if it sounds any worse than the black Standard, I'm not so sure.

It has a binding, and pickup covers.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Its good!
The Standard is better than the Studio!
The standards are solid guitars, they are excellent for the money, but the Music Rising one has that extra bit of character!

E-Married to Funny_Page
Okay, I'm gonna save up for the Music Rising. It looks like the kind of guitar I could really be inspired with. It just has "that look" to it.