So I'm in the market for a bass fuzz. I want something that has like a low fi or grainy sound that can also be subtle when the gain is turned down. I have about $130, and I'm looking at the MXR El Grande, Earthbound Supercollider, and the Electronix Messdrive+Bass Fuzz. What other pedals should I be looking at?
Probably the Electro Harmonix Muffs would be a good one to look into. I have the Double and my mate's got a Russian, they're both really good.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
I wouldn't recommend the guitar big muff's they tend to suck low end and sound incredibly muddy. The bass big muff isn't so bad but i find it to be lacking. I have the el grande and its great, i really recommend it. You could try the the mxr blowtorch but that's more of a synth fuzz than anything, same thing with the woolly mammoth.
Rickenbacker 4003
Carvin 210 Neo
Ampeg V4BH
i use a metal muff, works really well
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by Jateca
Bassfuzz.com

For all your bass fuzz related needs. Video reviews, sound clips, details of reviewing equipment.

Thanks!

One of the problems with "lo-fi" sounding bass fuzz is that parts of what makes things sound lo-fi is removing the bass!

In addition to your basic list. A couple that might meet your needs include the Devi Ever Year of the Rat (YOTR). It sounds a bit like a fuzz in parallel to your clean signal.
^ Dude, you joined the bass forum! sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet... Anyway, your site really is the s***. I never would have found out about my newest toy, a 3xfx fatman, (any of the amazing boutique fuzzes on your site) if not for your site (not that I recommend the fatman to the TS, that thing gets kinda crazy).

Anyway, TS, Muffs are good, but the gain is permanently cranked (there's no gain control), so it doesn't really do subtle. The 3 pedals you listed are all great, I really like the supercollider (though I don't own one), but that may not be what you're looking for. Between the El Grande and the Messdrive, I'd probably go with the messdrive because it's more versatile and just sounds better in general.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Quote by grygrx
Thanks!

One of the problems with "lo-fi" sounding bass fuzz is that parts of what makes things sound lo-fi is removing the bass!

In addition to your basic list. A couple that might meet your needs include the Devi Ever Year of the Rat (YOTR). It sounds a bit like a fuzz in parallel to your clean signal.

The Year of the Rat is good for the subtle bit, but I need a grainy fuzz sometimes that's kinda what I was trying to say with lo-fi, an good example is when the bass comes in on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjxXvebWQUY about 10 seconds in except with a little more bite.
I skimmed through the rest of this thread just to strongly suggest MXR El Grande Bass Fuzz, I don't own it (yet), but when I was searching for one (ended up with Dist/OD Pedal) it definitely stood out. Mainly because it retains a nice thick Bass freq and it has balls to it.