are they all there cracked up to be, or is it over exagutrated.

Theres a guy selling a V30 for 45, and dont know if i should buy it and replace it for the 70/80 in my V18 or save up for a cab, or just buy new tubes instead.

Also should i get a better speaker, lets say i dont end up getting the V30 and i get a diffrent speaker like a Eminence Red coat or something, would it defintely be better than the 70-80, do speakers really make a, not big, but a noticable diffrence.
The speaker should make more of a difference than the tubes. I don't know what's recommended for those amps, but I'd probably go for a greenback or it's 30 watt equivalent.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Well thats arguable. But I'd recommend a speaker swap just because its cheaper than a full set of jj tubes.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by sesstreets
Well thats arguable. But I'd recommend a speaker swap just because its cheaper than a full set of jj tubes.

Not really, a speaker is an essential part of the EQ and voice of the amp, I'm not saying tubes don't make a difference, I'm just saying that don't make as big of a difference.

If a speaker is a 5/10 as far as a difference maker tubes are a 3 or 4/10
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
cool great advice.

Ill definately look into a new speaker on my next pay check, and hold back on the tubes till the next pay check, after that all i need I think I need is a EQ pedal or a noise gate.
Quote by Kevin Saale
The speaker should make more of a difference than the tubes. I don't know what's recommended for those amps, but I'd probably go for a greenback or it's 30 watt equivalent.

+1

A speaker can make or break an amp no matter what tubes you slap in it..