Yo, what's up? New, here, and if you dare...Don't be afraid to talk to me, lol. Just started playing my guitar I got a month ago from a friend, but after an hour of actually tryna play it, the gain on the amp screws up on me (bear with me, I'm just a n00b, literally, at it). Help needed! Thanks.
Quote by Death-Ace
Yo, what's up? New, here, and if you dare...Don't be afraid to talk to me, lol. Just started playing my guitar I got a month ago from a friend, but after an hour of actually tryna play it, the gain on the amp screws up on me (bear with me, I'm just a n00b, literally, at it). Help needed! Thanks.

My frontman outright died on me once.

How is the gain "screwing up"? persay, like, are you not getting enough? or too much?
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
it's the amp death-ace.

if you're broke, pick up a $15 fab metal pedal and put it in front.

if you can save up for a new amp then that would be good.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Well, it's just giving off lot's of static, I mean I can still play it, but when I turn the knob, it just gives off a load of static. I am tryna sell a few things for an Epiphone Les Paul Special II when I head to Guitar Center in Dallas again, so I could try getting a new amp then instead. Also, the tone controls, won't work on the Squire Strat, so I might take it to get repaired if I can.
Last edited by Death-Ace at Nov 22, 2008,
Dude, the gain on the thing just is really staticky, mines like that too.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Quote by Death-Ace
Well, it's just giving off lot's of static, I mean I can still play it, but when I turn the knob, it just gives off a load of static. I am tryna sell a few things for an Epiphone Les Paul Special II when I head to Guitar Center in Dallas again, so I could try getting a new amp then instead. Also, the tone controls, won't work on the Squire Strat, so I might take it to get repaired if I can.

nothing to fix.

you just barely noticing the difference, because of amp, guitar quality, and your fresh ears.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Save up and get a new amp. Done.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
The problem is, sadly, you have a frontman 15g

It will mess up a lot like that. Looks like it's time for you to learn clean songs
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Sorry to say but it's the amp. I had one, it buzzed more than a Marshall MG. If you can get some money buy a Peavey Vypyr 15. here's a link:http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Vypyr-15-15W-1x8-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=482908
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.