Of these three Fender basses, these are the observations I've made:

Jaguar: Looks freaking amazing, don't know how it sounds.
Precision: Sounds amazing, looks pretty good.
Jazz: Sounds amazing, looks good, but not as good as the other two, very popular.

I did some searching and came up with few answers, so my question is; what are the pros and cons of each of these?
what do you play/which precision and jazz
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
would we be talking american ps and js or mexican
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Jaguar (the red one!) ftw.
active electronics, jazz style pickups, different look, nice neck... mmmm
That's the bass i want when I get another one.
lol
Quote by CaptainJack666
what do you play/which precision and jazz

Well I don't own any Fender basses (I've played both Precisions and Jazzes before), but I'm going to buy one eventually, so that is why I'm asking. I want to know which one will fit my preferences the best.
Quote by food1010
Of these three Fender basses, these are the observations I've made:

Jaguar: Looks freaking amazing, don't know how it sounds.
Precision: Sounds amazing, looks pretty good.
Jazz: Sounds amazing, looks good, but not as good as the other two, very popular.

I did some searching and came up with few answers, so my question is; what are the pros and cons of each of these?

An aerodyne looks like a J-bass and has a J and P pickup in it. Sounds like you should try one Although there's no jaguar in an aerodyne.

Side note: does anyone know what the switches on the jag actually do? x_x
Quote by Bass First
An aerodyne looks like a J-bass and has a J and P pickup in it. Sounds like you should try one Although there's no jaguar in an aerodyne.

Master Volume, Master Tone, Preamp Treble Control Wheel, Preamp Bass Control Wheel, Preamp On/Off Slide Switch or so Zzounds says.

I think I'm leaning towards the Jaguar, but my only concern is the sound. Does anyone know if it sounds as good/better than the Precision or Jazz?
Quote by food1010
Well I don't own any Fender basses (I've played both Precisions and Jazzes before), but I'm going to buy one eventually, so that is why I'm asking. I want to know which one will fit my preferences the best.

well if you dont provide a price range or indication of which line of P's and J;s youre looking at i cant help. theres no point in me recomending a fender standard if you wanna spend $1000 and vice versa
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Quote by CaptainJack666
well if you dont provide a price range or indication of which line of P's and J;s youre looking at i cant help. theres no point in me recomending a fender standard if you wanna spend $1000 and vice versa

Well I'd probably get the standard model of whatever I get.

So to refine my question: Is it worth it to spring for a $700 Jaguar when I can get a Precision or Jazz for $500?
not really, my friend has a jag and it sounds no different to his jazz bass, i had a fiddle with the control but there weren't really many usable sounds, the only plus it has over a standard jazz bass is the series/parallel switch which sounds great either way you flick it

also i really dislike the sticky jag necks. get a jazz bass
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
The jag uses jazz bass pups, so it doesn't sound too different from it. All three are awesome, but I'd suggest Jag or Jazz. But P are great too.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by DeltaFunk
The jag uses jazz bass pups, so it doesn't sound too different from it. All three are awesome, but I'd suggest Jag or Jazz. But P are great too.

See that's the problem. Do you think it'd be worth $200 extra for the Jaguar?

EDIT: Alright I think you all have given me enough information. I'll take all these ideas into consideration when I take my next trip to GC.
Last edited by food1010 at Nov 22, 2008,
Quote by food1010

EDIT: Alright I think you all have given me enough information. I'll take all these ideas into consideration when I take my next trip to GC.

If your going to spend 700 bucks there are better basses than the Jag.

The Jazz 24, the Aerodyne P-bass, Aerodyne Jazz, 70's Jazz, Deluxe P-bass, Deluxe Active Jaz, all warrant a look.
Quote by Captain Insano

The Jazz 24, the Aerodyne P-bass, Aerodyne Jazz, 70's Jazz, Deluxe P-bass, Deluxe Active Jaz, all warrant a look.

Alright, and knowing me I probably won't be willing to spend $700 when the time comes so I'll probably end up getting a Jazz, maybe a Precision.
Quote by Bass First

Quote by Captain Insano

Yes, come to the Dark Side!
Quote by melton100
Jaguar (the red one!) ftw.
active electronics, jazz style pickups, different look, nice neck... mmmm
That's the bass i want when I get another one.
lol

I have it.

I put a Badass 2 on it and it sounds just like a marcus miller bass but darker sounding.
It also kicks the aerodyne's ass.

Oh, and the switchs are for the pickups, Neck, Bridge and parallel/series, the other one is an Active/Passive switch.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Mecler
Yes, come to the Dark Side!

I still wanna know what yours sounds like, i've been GASing over one, SO BADLY.
Jazz 24, ftw.

best thing. if you insist, jazz or jaguar.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I like the sound of the p's and the looks of the J and i havent tried a jaguar b4.
BB.King +Freddie King+Albert King=three kings of blues!!
Dado23 Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
bassbassbassbassbassbassbassbass
Quote by food1010

because its CIJ I'm going to say yes. I love playing Jags, first thing I go in after at GC. Sounds like a jazz, has its own look and is better quality than its MIM Fender cousins.
why not look into some P/J's eg Aerodyne Jazz, Aerodyne Precision, Precision Special
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Quote by dado23
I like the sound of the p's and the looks of the J and i havent tried a jaguar b4.

It's the opposite for me. I prefer the look of P-basses but the sound of Jazzes.
Quote by Bass First
I still wanna know what yours sounds like, i've been GASing over one, SO BADLY.

I thought I sent you a PM a long time ago.
Personally, I'd get a Jaguar just to break from the crowd of Jazz basses out there. Are the Jaguar basses the standard 34" scale? Cause I know the guitar version is 1-1/2" shorter.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
Personally, I'd get a Jaguar just to break from the crowd of Jazz basses out there. Are the Jaguar basses the standard 34" scale? Cause I know the guitar version is 1-1/2" shorter.

Yeah Jaguars have the standard 34.
Quote by crust_punk
It's the opposite for me. I prefer the look of P-basses but the sound of Jazzes.

I prefer the look of P-basses as well. I'm going for whichever sounds the best though. Even so, I think the looks of the Jaguar might outweigh all else when I get my new bass.
Last edited by food1010 at Nov 23, 2008,
Jaguar bases sound amazing..but my god they have a lot of buttons! I really like the looks of them, and the neck too.
Quote by Mecler
I thought I sent you a PM a long time ago.

Nope :/

Also, TS you should really try out the bass's before buying them, i liked the jag for a while but the neck got to me, it's too clingy and doesn't feel right to me.