Well in a few days im going to be going to look at a new guitar and my first amp, and im wondering which amps i should be looking at. I will mostly be practicing on my own i think for right now and maybe a little playing with my friedn down the street.

Anyways i think im going to be looking at some epiphone lespaul studios or standards or something like that and not sure which amps to look at any help?

P.S. my price range will probably be from 100-300 or so not too sure

thx
For a first amp, I usually recommend a micro cube. It fits within your budget, and leaves you some money to spend on your guitar. It also happens to be friggin' awesome.

Micro cube on musiciansfriend
Logan

-Ignore the "A7X"'s in my name! I made this account before City of Evil existed!
$100-300? or some other currency

What kind of stuff will you be playing, or what sort of music do you listen to most?

Also, shameless plug but if you get a chance, before you jump to epiphone les pauls, check out the PRS tremonti SE, it's a great les paul styled guitar which in my opinion is better made than the epiphones.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
The cube is a good amp, also try out a Peavey Vypyr.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Vox VT15
22 different amp models
12 different effects
8 Programmable presets
Valve reactor circuit

EDIT: ^ I smell a troll

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
vox ad30vt
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by kurtcobainsucks
Line 6 spider III

Ignore that.

Others have already mentioned good choices, out of the ones mentioned, here's what I'd pick:

1. Micro Cube
2. Vox VT-15
3. Vypyr 15

But those 3 are all very good starter amps.

Guitar wise, for your price range, maybe check out Agile Guitars?
www.rondomusic.com
Personally i think you should get the Vypyr 30W. It has more features than the 15W and if you do go jamming it won't be completely drowned out. And its quiet enough for home practise too. And definately stay far away from spiders!

As for guitars Cort mae some nice cheap ones.
____________My Gear:___________

Bad SX starter kit Guitar
Cube 30W(Finally!! )

Cort X-11 Fund $65/$250
Bugera 333xl 212 Fund $0/$880

Finally got myspace, go check it out ---> www.myspace.com/ianbearmusic