Poll: Which Brand
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Brand
Dr
18 39%
Ernie Ball
28 61%
Voters: 46.
Which brand should I get for my locking tremolo Guitar?
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
I'm not going to vote. You should have left an option for "Stop being a cheap fool and buy a set of each". Super slinkies cost $4.19 and DR 9's cost $6.99. For a total of $11.18, you could have first hand experience which is many times more valuable than anonymous votes over the internet.
Logan

-Ignore the "A7X"'s in my name! I made this account before City of Evil existed!
I just got Ernie Ball's today and I like them. Never used Dr's
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by A7X-LoGaN-A7X
I'm not going to vote. You should have left an option for "Stop being a cheap fool and buy a set of each". Super slinkies cost $4.19 and DR 9's cost $6.99. For a total of $11.18, you could have first hand experience which is many times more valuable than anonymous votes over the internet.

^I guess that's one way to put it...
He's right, but coulda been a little less blunt...and answered your question

I prefer DR's though, and yes I've used both. The thing though is that they occasionally have complete duds in the packs, but this has been like a 1 in 50 thing for me...Idk how that is with other string brands as DR is the only one I've had that happen with, but I still use DR's mainly.
Quote by eds1275
^I guess that's one way to put it...
He's right, but coulda been a little less blunt

I prefer DR's though, and yes I've used both. The thing though is that they occasionally have complete duds in the packs, but this has been like a 1 in 50 thing for me...Idk how that is with other string brands as DR is the only one I've had that happen with, but I still use DR's mainly.

Yeah, this happens with pretty much all brands. In my experience, it's more common with Elixirs than in any other brand.

And yeah, sorry if that sounded rude. It was honest advice, though.
Logan

-Ignore the "A7X"'s in my name! I made this account before City of Evil existed!
I've been converted to Ernie Ball-ism today. They are the best strings I have ever used.

So much smoother and has more punch than D'Addarios. I love 'em.
UG's AC/DC Lover
I've been playing Ernie Ball Super Slinkys for about 6 years now. I swear by them. However, the DRs aren't bad. It's all about what you like.

Verdict? Buy a set of each.
Good Deals: imgooley, pak1351
i love DR strings. i pretty much wont use anything else unless i have to. not that expensive and they sound quite nice. feel good as well. im not saying other strings arent good, i just like DRs better than anything else ive tried. but seeing as how for $12 you can get a set of each and try them both, id go with that and see what you like. i tried out a different brand of string each time i changed strings for a year or so just to find what i liked, i suggest you do something similar.
Yeah...buying a set of each is the best way to go...I just hate it that it may take a while before you get to use the other brand
These threads tend to be silly. String choice is a pretty personal one and that's why so many people use so many different brands.

By a pack from like 10 different brands. Spend a day messing around, stringing and restringing. Find which one you like the most.
just try a different set every time and see what you like bro.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
I've been using Ernie Ball strings for about 20 years. Intermittently I have tried out other brands yet have always returned to EB.

DR seemed okay when I tried them - I just preferred EB's.

One of those "Marmite" things. A matter of personal taste...
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by A7X-LoGaN-A7X

lol, where I live, a pack of Ernie Ball's costs $13
Quote by cjstylez97
lol, where I live, a pack of Ernie Ball's costs $13

Shop on line. I'm in Victoria and last paid $75AU for 12 packs of Slinkys.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Neither, get dadarios.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
I used to love Slinkys until I tried DRs and Dunlop Heavy Cores.

I tried a set of EB's a while back again just for shits and giggles, and it sounded like I'd strung my guitar with wet noodles. No punch at all. Made my Strat and SG sound ridiculously thin.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--