so i started doing vocals for my band in addition to guitar and i'm gonna need to eventually get a PA system (right now im kinda low on cash) cuz i can't hear myself at all over the rest of the band. i need something thats small/portable, loud, and cheap. right now im looking at this
anyone know of any good cheap PA systems or if this one is any good? Im not looking to spend more than 300 USD and even then i realize im gonna be saving for a while.
Is your name Mike? Do you want to be everyone's friend? Do you look similar to lots of other people? If so click here

Quote by LesPaulLeader08

Fucking win S&R!
look at carvin, peavey, and maybe Fender
My Gear-
Schecter C7 FR
Schecter Damien 7
Line 6 Spider III 150 2x12
Massive pedal board
Spector Legend Custom 5 string
Ampeg BA-112 50 watt
You would be way better off in the long run if you spend more money and get a good quality mixer and speakers now. 80 watts isn't going to be loud enough for much more than practicing in a small room. You'll just end up having to buy a better one one in the future. Do it now and don't waste your money.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Upgrade your amp. Unless your running through a high wattage amp and you are playing pretty large gigs.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

all i really need it for is practicing with my band, which is usually in a pretty small room. the few places in my area that we would be gigging all have house PA's, but it gets really loud when we practice so idk if it would be loud enough for that. i have a 50 watt guitar amp now (marshall mg *flameshield up* ) i doubt vocals would sound to good through that but its loud enough for guitar.

also it says that the amplifier/mixer is 80 watts and the two speakers are 120 watts. what does that mean?
Is your name Mike? Do you want to be everyone's friend? Do you look similar to lots of other people? If so click here

Quote by LesPaulLeader08

Fucking win S&R!
Quote by Silence&Requiem
all i really need it for is practicing with my band, which is usually in a pretty small room. the few places in my area that we would be gigging all have house PA's, but it gets really loud when we practice so idk if it would be loud enough for that. i have a 50 watt guitar amp now (marshall mg *flameshield up* ) i doubt vocals would sound to good through that but its loud enough for guitar.

also it says that the amplifier/mixer is 80 watts and the two speakers are 120 watts. what does that mean?

The speakers can handle up to 120w peak power. Always buy speakers that can handle more power than your amp can dish out lest you blow your speakers.
Current Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson Explorer Standard
Tradition Strat
Crafter Acoustic

Peavey Classic 30
Line 6 DL4
Dano Fish 'n Chips
MXR Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss MD-2 Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby