Page 1 of 2
we got any Fraternity/Sorority people in the pit? i myself am Kappa Sigma, just wondering if there was anyone else
thats exactly what i though of before i actually rushed and went through...i completely understand that thought but no i dont pay for my friends...i have plenty of friends because of people i went to highschool with and people i randomly met down here. i met some of the best people i could have ever hoped to meet because i rushed not to mention great connections after college...i have made a lot of friends plus met a lot of girls but thats not why i joined. i joined because of what it can do for me afterwards and it has already started to show for me...nothing wrong with that train of thought but you really cant understand it until you are apart of it
i was gonna rush phi gamma delta but im just not really into the whole frat party thing so i didnt
Quote by Sicko 21X7
tremelo the brown note until she caves
My friend is a Kappa Sigma at John Carroll University (in north-east Ohio)

He says they are all really interesting people
(for some reason, a lot of the ΚΣ there are Asian (he is too))

Kappa Sigma here (The Ohio State University) live in an amazing house
"The Governors Mansion" / "The House On The Hill"
it is this beautiful white house obviously on a hill.
Compared to the other frat houses, it just looks so much better.

I would join a frat, but I think it will be more so party stuff
and I'm not into frat parties
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
I'm not in any frats, but i'm in the WVU marching band
doo bee doo bee doo...

well, too bad there isn't a REAL brown on here...
oh you greeks, so silly.

i used to really despise frats, but i have learned to ignore them. i am still frustrated by how most people, not all, that are in a frat seem to walk around acting like they are superior to everyone else on campus.
its not for everyone and i do not hate on people bc its not for them so try to keep the hate down on people that have...i absolutely love my fraternity but i know a lot of people wont understand it but please guys, try to keep the hate to a minimum...i just want to know if anyone else decided to rush or pledge
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
I know a girl in a sorority. She loves it. But she was always defending it and saying she wasn't paying for friends. I don't necessarily think that it is true that you pay for your friends, but I just wanted to hear what you had to say about it.

She is paying for the upkeep of the organization
the organization spends a lot of that money on 'activities'
her sisters are reaping the money she spends
(though she is most likely getting benefit from it as well)
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
[brainwashed cult dribble]
Quote by Venom5.0
thats exactly what i though of before i actually rushed and went through...i completely understand that thought but no i dont pay for my friends...i have plenty of friends because of people i went to highschool with and people i randomly met down here. i met some of the best people i could have ever hoped to meet because i rushed not to mention great connections after college...i have made a lot of friends plus met a lot of girls but thats not why i joined. i joined because of what it can do for me afterwards and it has already started to show for me...nothing wrong with that train of thought but you really cant understand it until you are apart of it

[/brainwashed cult dribble]
use BB codes man
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
I tried to join a frat, but my IQ exceeded the maximum level of 90

JK I like frats, since fratboys are universally retarded it's easy to crash their parties and walk out with $100 worth of free booze under your jacket.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by druz15_UG
[brainwashed cult dribble]

[/brainwashed cult dribble]
use BB codes man

what?
im a sigma nu

edit:

Quote by mr.peaches
I'm not in any frats, but i'm in the WVU marching band

thats pretty impressive.
and the whole IQ thing...greek life is the major player in having people with the highest of gpa's
Quote by Venom5.0
its not for everyone and i do not hate on people bc its not for them so try to keep the hate down on people that have...i absolutely love my fraternity but i know a lot of people wont understand it but please guys, try to keep the hate to a minimum...i just want to know if anyone else decided to rush or pledge

i'm not expressing hate. just my overall feelings of the atmosphere that i see created by greek life on campus.

that being said, i know a lot of good people that are greeks.
Quote by uhh_me?
oh you greeks, so silly.

i used to really despise frats, but i have learned to ignore them. i am still frustrated by how most people, not all, that are in a frat seem to walk around acting like they are superior to everyone else on campus.

It's the same here except instead of frats and sororities there are halls of residence where out of towners usually go in their first year and they all think they're superior than all of the people who actually live in the city and go around in groups acting like retards and starting fights and ****. I seriously don't understand how half of the people at my university actually got the academic requirements to get in. I mean I'm relatively smart and I almost didn't get it, these people are the biggest idiots I've ever met
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by stilt37
im a sigma nu

sigma nu where? we have them on campus here at GSU...pretty good guys
Quote by lordofthefood1
My friend is a Kappa Sigma at John Carroll University (in north-east Ohio)

i recieved a letter from that college
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
Quote by Venom5.0
sigma nu where? we have them on campus here at GSU...pretty good guys

unc-asheville. we're the only frat on campus
Quote by stilt37
im a sigma nu

edit:

thats pretty impressive.

thanks, i think it's more impressive that i'm a freshman and i'm on 1st trumpet.
lol, when i was in high school, i didn't even think i was gonna join the band to begin with! i ended up doing it just so i could meet people. turns out it was the right thing to do
doo bee doo bee doo...

well, too bad there isn't a REAL brown on here...
Quote by mr.peaches
thanks, i think it's more impressive that i'm a freshman and i'm on 1st trumpet.
lol, when i was in high school, i didn't even think i was gonna join the band to begin with! i ended up doing it just so i could meet people. turns out it was the right thing to do

w/o the band football just wouldnt be the same!
Quote by lordofthefood1
She is paying for the upkeep of the organization
the organization spends a lot of that money on 'activities'
her sisters are reaping the money she spends
(though she is most likely getting benefit from it as well)

She is. No doubt about it.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by uhh_me?
oh you greeks, so silly.

this.

a girl i dated last year decided she was going to start pledging about two months into our relationship. even though i was tempted to drop her on the spot, i decided that its not my place to dictate how she lives her life. so i went with it. well one, i can say it changed her and constantly encouraged her to act like a stupid, drunk, slutty, skank. she started acting like all the other girls in her sorority like they were all cut from the same cookie cutter or something.

not to mention any time i went to a party or mixer with her, once people found out i wasnt a greek they kinda stopped conversing with me. although it probably didnt help when they would all sit around bragging about/planning things to do to pledges i would curtly inform them how fucked up it was. some guy was talking about how all the brothers jerk off in a tub of vanilla ice cream then make the pledges eat all of it. later, they show the pledges a video of them jerking off into the ice cream....wtf?
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
this.

a girl i dated last year decided she was going to start pledging about two months into our relationship. even though i was tempted to drop her on the spot, i decided that its not my place to dictate how she lives her life. so i went with it. well one, i can say it changed her and constantly encouraged her to act like a stupid, drunk, slutty, skank. she started acting like all the other girls in her sorority like they were all cut from the same cookie cutter or something.

not to mention any time i went to a party or mixer with her, once people found out i wasnt a greek they kinda stopped conversing with me. although it probably didnt help when they would all sit around bragging about/planning things to do to pledges i would curtly inform them how fucked up it was. some guy was talking about how all the brothers jerk off in a tub of vanilla ice cream then make the pledges eat all of it. later, they show the pledges a video of them jerking off into the ice cream....wtf?

its not like that everywhere though...we would never treat our pledges like that and ha it really just depends on what sorority she rushes but i guarantee you they knew more about her than you did and thats why they rushed her so hard...every sorority is different and it sounds like she got into a slutty one but they know who they pick and thats why they pick em
Quote by Venom5.0
its not like that everywhere though...we would never treat our pledges like that and ha it really just depends on what sorority she rushes but i guarantee you they knew more about her than you did and thats why they rushed her so hard...every sorority is different and it sounds like she got into a slutty one but they know who they pick and thats why they pick em

you really think that after going to two rush parties they really know who they are picking? i dont know what its like in your school, but at mine, as long as you stay pledging for the predetermined amount of time, you will get in. it doesnt matter what you do during pledging and it doesnt matter if you have any of the pledgebook memorized. as long as you pledge for the month and a half of whatever you will get in.

so basically there are brothers that dont even like some of the pledges that get in but have to act nice to their faces because of the letters on their chest...doesnt sound like eternal brotherhood to me...
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
My friends and I went to a couple parties that the frats had at their houses. They're not good for anything except free beer and the girls they attracted.
you are looked at well before two rush parties if you are a serious candidate...we start lookin at our kids really early..we have a system to keep pledges out that brothers do not like so that is not a problem and it all matters on what the pledges know as to whether they get it...we take our history seriously since we were founded in 1400 so we dont really play with that..im not saying thats not what its like at your school because some of the frats here have it like that but thats not what we are about...every place is different but thats not what we stand for
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
you really think that after going to two rush parties they really know who they are picking? i dont know what its like in your school, but at mine, as long as you stay pledging for the predetermined amount of time, you will get in. it doesnt matter what you do during pledging and it doesnt matter if you have any of the pledgebook memorized. as long as you pledge for the month and a half of whatever you will get in.

so basically there are brothers that dont even like some of the pledges that get in but have to act nice to their faces because of the letters on their chest...doesnt sound like eternal brotherhood to me...

Yeah, but like any other sort of organization, people living/working/associating with each other will begin to get to know who they are dealing with and act accordingly. Some people will get along and some won't, but those who don't learn to live and deal with it appropriately. Just because the pledges are fairly unknown when they enter does not mean some meaningful relationships won't be forged eventually. As for those who don't get along, I don't think it really has that much of a negative impact on what they're trying to accomplish.

As for me, I chose not to pledge. Even though I was defending some of their practices I always felt like I would be restricted with what I wanted to do if I joined a frat.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
esp sororities.. they know who they want before the girls even think about rushing
its not for everyone...all of you who chose not to pledge i completely understand why you didnt because i had my own reasons for choosing to do so. i just wanted to know who was greek
Quote by Venom5.0
and the whole IQ thing...greek life is the major player in having people with the highest of gpa's

most frat people I've known have had mediocre GPAs at best. Not to mention every frat person I've ever met has been incredibly stupid and assholish.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
most frat people I've known have had mediocre GPAs at best. Not to mention every frat person I've ever met has been incredibly stupid and assholish.

at most if not all schools you have to have a gpa of above 2.5 to even consider rushing
Quote by Venom5.0
at most if not all schools you have to have a gpa of above 2.5 to even consider rushing

Like I said, mediocre GPAs... and I can't count the number of times some frat retard has tried to coerce me into doing their homework.

Last.fm
Page 1 of 2