John Bonham is the drummer from Zeppelin that died from choking on his vomit in 1980.
The direct cause of this, of course, was the split of the band, ironically announced the day after the death.

But what if he had survived?
If the band was alive during the 80's and 90's, what kind of musical direction do you think they might have gone through?

Would they still make the same old 1970's hard rock with some heavy metal elements?
Would they go through what Rush went through: making the synthesizer as the melodical component of the music as most 80's rock are?

Do you think Zeppelin stayed legendary BECAUSE they declined during the late 70's?
They never produced crap, that was their biggest achievement.
Every album they made (yes, even the 7th and 8th albums!) were fantastic.
...no
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
these questions will never be answered, you ask too many questions
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
how do you know it was his vomit... you cant really dust for vomit
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
they would still of sucked
Quote by Hypnotisation
I cannot leave this thread alone. I cannot get over the sponsored fap. Out of curiosity, can i ask how your mum decided to pay for your fapping material? Why can't you just get it free? WHY?

Quote by Jericho114
Can you suck your own dick also?
You think they never produced crap, I think otherwise.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
I'd say that they would have kept on playing, but that they would have done like two sucessful and good albums, and then just some ****, and just slip into oblivion...

Or something like that..
Just listen to Page & Plant: No quarter (or whatever it's called)... Plant's voice is just embarrassing, tbh..

So, horrible enough, I think it was best that they stopped when he died.
I think they had the musical ability to continue to be musical pioneers, unlike other bands that try to "keep with the times" and change their style... although they most definitely would have released an awkward album or two.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I don't know what's "ironic" about that...

And I think that each individual in the band wanted to explore different influences and genres, so it's likely they would have lost some mainstream popularity but still could have remained a great band for a while. But there is almost as great a chance that it also could have fallen apart not too long after the date upon which Bonham died... I mean, can you picture Bonham playing on an album like Raising Sand? Granted Plant is much older now and is a much more mature musician, as Bonham would be were he alive, I think that their evolving preferences would have strayed apart to much would have led to an eventual split anyway, even if Bonham had not died.

And "They never produced crap" is a complete bull**** statement...Their latter albums definitely had some ****ty work in there... You wanna know why? Page was running out of riffs to steal lol. The band was slowing down anyway without the death of Bonham.
I really like Zepp, but I'm not really into their stuff after 1976 or so... I'm afraid that they probably would've kept going downhill.
I dont really see how its ironic that they annonced the end of the band the day after he died...

One of the few things that Kurt Cobain ever got right in his short life...Its better to burn out then to fade away....Zeppelin burned out...
Quote by stradivari310
I think they had the musical ability to continue to be musical pioneers, unlike other bands that try to "keep with the times" and change their style... although they most definitely would have released an awkward album or two.

like aerosmith