I've played guitar for over a year and would like to upgrade from my les paul copy(Not a epiphone or aigile)and my Kustom dart 10 amp. I have $400 for the guitar and $300 for the amp. I play AC/DC, GNR, Mettalica, Van Halen, Godsmack, Demon Hunter, and Pantera.
I've been looking at the LTD Mh-100. If anyone can give me any information about it or if you've had experience with it please tell me.

I'm open to any suggestions Except!!! IBANEZ!!!!
I'd see if you could get a classic 30 and an agile LP
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
^ I don't a see a Classic 30 doing Pantera or Godsmack.

I'd go for an Epiphone G400 with a Roland Cube 30.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
go for the LTD M-200 FM for your guitar. The MH-100 is a decent choice but since you have the money, go for that model instead. I have one in see thru black. The guitar itself is amazing, stays in tune, slim/fast neck with arrow inlays. Coil tap, and licensed floyd rose. For your amp Peavey, crate, or line 6 might fit the bill. Need more info for that
I don't think you can get a good LTD for that price unless you go used. At that price range, your best bet is probably Ibanez, Agile, or an Epiphone imo.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Adimantium
go for the LTD M-200 FM for your guitar. The MH-100 is a decent choice but since you have the money, go for that model instead. I have one in see thru black. The guitar itself is amazing, stays in tune, slim/fast neck with arrow inlays. Coil tap, and licensed floyd rose. For your amp Peavey, crate, or line 6 might fit the bill. Need more info for that

Could you send me a link to the mh-200?

Like what kind of information?
Try a Peavey Vypyr for the amp. They're supposed to be very good modeling amps, or you could get a crate V series w/ a pedal designed for hard rock/metal (NO way it can do it on its own, trust me. Good amp, though!)

For the guitar, maybe try a Schecter C-1 (those are $400, right?) or an Epi G-400. I find the pickups muddy on the G-400 (you can always change them later on down the road, though), but assuming the C-1 has the same pups as the C-1+, they're good for that sort of thing, but if you want a more specific tone, you'll want to change them, too.
Quote by -Blue-
Try a Peavey Vypyr for the amp. They're supposed to be very good modeling amps, or you could get a crate V series w/ a pedal designed for hard rock/metal (NO way it can do it on its own, trust me. Good amp, though!)

For the guitar, maybe try a Schecter C-1 (those are $400, right?) or an Epi G-400. I find the pickups muddy on the G-400 (you can always change them later on down the road, though), but assuming the C-1 has the same pups as the C-1+, they're good for that sort of thing, but if you want a more specific tone, you'll want to change them, too.

the c-1 has active pups the c-1+ has passives theyre almost completely different guitars
the guitar choice is all up to you but the vypyrs are great amps i have teh 75 watt vypyr and love it, plus its only $300, although the 30 watt vypyr would also be plenty of volume for you
Quote by altoidwithmelon
You dont lose your virginity, you voluntarily misplace it.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
You should bottle up all of your emotions till they become a problem that requires professional help.
It's good for the economy.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/rabidpitweasels/
I meant the M-200 but after looking at your playing style your gonna want a guitar that can do drop tunings. the guitar i suggested before and the one your where inquiring about both have floyed rose style tremolos on them. They are made for one tuning and one tuning only. i would try to get a guitar with a fix bridge or string thru body. May i suggest the F series guitars by ESP LTD. They have fast slim necks and are string thru. The MHNT series would also fit the bill as well. Also any of the EC series guitar would work as well. As for your amp, peavey vypyr amp is pretty good. Line 6 would also work as well.
Quote by zegreatdane
the c-1 has active pups the c-1+ has passives theyre almost completely different guitars
the guitar choice is all up to you but the vypyrs are great amps i have teh 75 watt vypyr and love it, plus its only $300, although the 30 watt vypyr would also be plenty of volume for you

Oh, ok. Didn't actually look at specs of the C1 before I posted, my bad.