Alright, so the cheapest DD-3 I can find in my area is is 149.99$ canadian.Is this a bad price?? And is this Pedal really worth the Money?? If you own this pedal, say some of the good and Bad things about it. Thanks Guys

NOTE: Our economy is terrible so that might be why the Price is so high up in Canada.
Last edited by tryhonesty at Nov 22, 2008,
At that price you'd be better off with a Carbon Copy Analog Delay. If you spent a little more money I'd recommend a DD-7, although I'm perfectly satisfied with my DD-3.

One of the downsides is that when the delay time knob goes above 3/4, it begins to 'pop' through the speaker - strangely, it only does this when powered by an adapter. I never really need to do this anyway, so I'm alright. Another thing is I wish it had tap tempo.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
That's about $118 USD. GC puts out DD3's at around $110, so this is a fair price. The DD3 isn't bad for a digital delay, but the higher models DD6 and DD7 are obviously better. I personally like the sound of analog delay, which is why I would recommend a Carbon Copy (MXR) but if you're going digital then boss delay pedals will do fine.
Logan

-Ignore the "A7X"'s in my name! I made this account before City of Evil existed!
At that price you'd be better off with a Carbon Copy Analog Delay. If you spent a little more money I'd recommend a DD-7, although I'm perfectly satisfied with my DD-3.
LIsten to him^
just get like $30 and get a DD-7

i use mine all the time

Quote by mattman93
This, atheists talk about religion more then religious people.

Youtube
The DD-7 is 150 and it's way better.
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
Quote by kirkadolph
The DD-7 is 150 and it's way better.

1. I'll bet that 150 that you didn't convert that into Canadian currency.
2. I compared both when I bought my DD-3, it sounds much closer to analog to my ears, only minus the huge-ass size.

Anyway, TS, if my currency transfers are right that's a good price, and as my sig and the above says I own it, and I think it's pretty good for the money. Of course, if I had $320USD to spend on a pedal I'd get a Memory Man Deluxe, analog and near top-of-the-line, but I didn't, and for digital the DD-3 sounds remarkably good compared to analog delay. My only gripe is when you turn feedback to full, it infinite loops anything you play. That and I can't figure out what the hold feature does.

But yeah, if you want a good delay for less than $200, I'd say the DD-3 is the way to go.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by necrosis1193
1. I'll bet that 150 that you didn't convert that into Canadian currency.
2. I compared both when I bought my DD-3, it sounds much closer to analog to my ears, only minus the huge-ass size.

Anyway, TS, if my currency transfers are right that's a good price, and as my sig and the above says I own it, and I think it's pretty good for the money. Of course, if I had $320USD to spend on a pedal I'd get a Memory Man Deluxe, analog and near top-of-the-line, but I didn't, and for digital the DD-3 sounds remarkably good compared to analog delay. My only gripe is when you turn feedback to full, it infinite loops anything you play. That and I can't figure out what the hold feature does.

But yeah, if you want a good delay for less than $200, I'd say the DD-3 is the way to go.

Oh haha yeah sorry.

I don't know though man. The DD-7 is a really sick pedal. Boss really stepped it up.
Its got the tap tempo external footswitch option. Which I am constantly using live.
Plus its got that crazy Reverse effect option added in.
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
Quote by kirkadolph
Oh haha yeah sorry.

I don't know though man. The DD-7 is a really sick pedal. Boss really stepped it up.
Its got the tap tempo external footswitch option. Which I am constantly using live.
Plus its got that crazy Reverse effect option added in.

Speaking of reverse, I forgot to mention the digitech DL8. Their new hardwire pedals are actually pretty awesome. No tap tempo, though. That's the biggest drawback to this one.
Logan

-Ignore the "A7X"'s in my name! I made this account before City of Evil existed!