hey i recently bought a squier affinity limited edition from a friend and i bought new strings and tuned it properly with a korg tuner but for some reason the sound on this guitar is folky like kinda acoustic i have tried it with amps diferent settings not much diference . i

heres a sound clip . i know i kinda suck but i know it aint supposed to sound this way

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a238e3ca9f77e79ad2db6fb9a8902bda
what amp are you using?

http://www.gieson.com/Library/projects/utilities/tuner/
check these notes, make sure they match up.

raise your pup height a little, use the neck pup, make sure your bridge isnt raised.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i am using a pc amp which is actually a just my sound card . also tried it on a jay turser amp . same sound . cheked the strings sound almost the same but mine sound more light
sorry i cant download the link.

but anyway, you need an amp. it's impossible to tell your tone on a pc or on most any turser practice amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

the link works and also the jay turser that came with the amp sound like it should so its a nice amp.
okie doke.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

im kinda disappointed i have heard other people with the same guitar with same conected to pc and it sounds great but mine sound like some country guitar. i want it to sound rock
new strings tend to sound bright when first put on. Play it for a while and you'll find they'll revert to normal.
it also sounds folky if you know what it mean . how do i make it sound like a real rock guitar . you know metal like or avenged sevenfold like not entirely just that pitched.
I can't download the audio file, on account of I'm in a computer lab at the moment.

And I don't mean to sound like a dick or anything, but do you happen to be playing clean?
what do you mean clean?
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard
Limited edition Schecter omen 7
Custom RR V with emgs 81/85,24 frets and floyd.

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
i play without distortion if thats what you mean
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
seriously, i've been trying to tell you. it's your amp. not the guitar.

your guitar is a 3 single coil strat. yes, they are usually used for classic rock, county styles.
But with the correct amount of distortion, they will get heavier.

with an amp, typically there is a clean channel, like said, and a distorted channel.

depending on the amp, or the amp program you're using.

with the correct pedal, amp, or program, you can make a kazoo sound "metal"
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

thanks i am going to get the amplitube program. saving up for an amp. what amp would you recomend for the type of music i wanna play
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
for $125 you can pick up a microcube. it's portable, has a ton of effects and battery option, and is perfect for any musician practicing at home.

it's got a pretty good tone over any other small practice amp.

it's something that you'll still use at home, even after upgrading to a larger, gig or band amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

thanks for all you're help have u had any experience with amp software if so what do you think of amplitube ?
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
i know guys use it, but nope, i dont use my pc like that.

you can check at riffs and recordings section.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

i have a crate mixer hooked up to some jbl speakers and i still dont get the electric guitar sound any tips. all i can get in amp here in pr is a lame behringer amp and smarvo . which dont sounds very convincing
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
Quote by airslashfury
i have a crate mixer hooked up to some jbl speakers and i still dont get the electric guitar sound any tips. all i can get in amp here in pr is a lame behringer amp and smarvo . which dont sounds very convincing
It's probable that it hasn't been set up correctly.

Go to https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=369733 and ask there, as recommended by respected forum long-timer jj1565 (Jenny), author of the Ultimate Guitar Setup Q and A sticky.

Since you've been struggling to get a non-acoustic sound for 6 days now and appear to believe that there's something wrong with your guitar, I highly recommend that you take it with you to any guitar shop so you can remove all doubts. Even through those inexpensive amps you mentioned, I'll bet that it'll sound like an electric.

^yep. and

maybe if the gear you have access to in stores is realy garbage, you can add some sort of guitar effects system in front or the pa.

not sure about the tone, so you'd have to make sure you can return it if needed.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

The first time you put the strings on, the guitar has this country-like sound I think (kinda like a 12 string). If you're using an amp for electric guitars however, it should still sound like an electric guitar.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer