I have a body from a gibson les paul faded that the neck snapped on. Was told it would cost more to get replaced then buy a new guitar. So I decided to turn it into a seven string. I am wondering if anyone knows where to get a neck besides Warmoth and the rare find on ebay?
good luck fitting a 7-string neck onto a guitar that
a) has a neck glued in
and b) isn't routed properly for the neck, has a 6-string bridge and 24.75" scale length.

just buy a les-paul replacement neck, if you can even get the currnet neck off.
------

Shwiggity.
I got the old neck off. I have no problem doing any work to the guitar to get it to fit. I have a replacement 7 string bridge. So is my problem might be getting a 7 string neck that is a 24.75" scale length neck. If need be i can try to make one. I would just need plans for it.
I don't think you're going to have any luck finding that neck. If I were you, I would make a neck, but add however many frets you need to the neck so that the bridge can be located in roughly the same position. That way you can both have a scale of something like 25.5 or 26 inches that works well for a seven string, and you can still have your bridge in roughly to same location.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
my mate had a 7 les paul but it was soo difficult to hear the guitar through the mix definately needs to be 251/2 min for a 7.

seriously?

If you tune a string down to a Low B, your tension will be loose as hell, and you'll get a fat nasty whumpy sound.

Another question, what are you going to do for pickups?
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by musicguy10000
why would the scale have any effect on the the sound of the guitar

!POW! your ignorant.
any way, this'll be very difficult (read impossible just about) to do and probably not worth your time, but if you want to try it go ahead. I would assume it would only turn out to be a waste of time and effort for you.
EDIT: I just realized that the person who said the very ignorant thing I quoted is te personn who started this thread. DON"T DO IT!
You obviously don't know jackshit about guitars and all you are going to end up doing is wasting time and money and possibly ruining a guitar. Just don't.
you should equal
learn more before trying to do anything complicated

have you thought about how scrunched up the strings will be when you add another one on? or about how the neck you get most likely isn't going to fit into the pocket? or that you are going to need seven strign pickups in a six string pickup space? a very talented an knowlegdable person would have a hard time with this. yo are screwed form the start. Give up.
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Last edited by highlordmugfug at Nov 22, 2008,
Quote by highlordmugfug

!POW! your ignorant.
any way, this'll be very difficult to do and probably not worth your time, but if you want to try it go ahead. I would assume it would only turn out to be a waste of time and effort for you.

Get out.
You're*
Quote by Survivalism
Get out.

oops, i meant "you're"
kiss my ass survivalism I've had a long day
EDIT: it's called a typo, get over it
i can appreciate the irony though
Fiddles
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Quote by musicguy10000
why would the scale have any effect on the the sound of the guitar

dude you need to read up and gain more knowledge before building.
Quote by deftonesordie
This.

same as survivalism, kiss my ass.

if you don't now basic stuff about guitar design/builds then how can you possibly hope to get a properly working guitar out of this? It's going to most likely require more work than it'll be worth in the end even if you DO somehow manage to get it right. I'd just buy another guitar if I were you. You could definitely try modding it in some other way, but I don't think making it into a seven string is going to work out for you.
Fiddles
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Your not going to find any sort of ready made drop in 7 string neck for that guitar. Its set neck so warmoth is out. You would have ot get one made or make it your self. And yes the scale has a big effect on the tone. It could be converted to 25.5 if you had a neck made without moving the bridge. They would just have to factor it all in when they did the fretboard. But the sleeves for the bridge will have to be moved anyways for the wider bridge. You are looking at a seriously expensive project. Better off just getting a replacement neck and go buy a 7 string guitar.
I know that scale is major when it comes to tone and how it sounds. i thought he meant the spacing of the frets like they make jumbo size frets., not the length. I don't need stupid ****ing comments. i know what work needs to be done to make it work. I don't care about having to re rout the pocket for neck and pickups. the guitar body got ****ed up when it broke. I am just looking for a cheap solution. Don't worry how long it would take me. I don't care about that. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any solutions. I not worried about possibly needing to move the bridge, i can do that easily.
The CHEAP solution is to buy a slab of wood and make the neck you want. But thats pretty much the only solution. Your not going to find what you need on ebay or mighty mite or any other site, if you did find one it wont be CHEAP. And getting pissed off isnt going to help you asked we told. Its also a good way to get warned by the mods or banned.
ok thanks for the advice. Does anyone know where I can get the bushings for the bridge, my old ones got striped