recently i went to a guitar shop to view what amps they had. i was shown around by one of the store clerks who showed me different types of amps ie orange amps, mesa boogies amps etc. Now these amps he showed me were way out of my price range so i asked him about behringer amps. now he looked shocked when i asked him and the reason he reacted this way was that he did not like them. his reasons were that behringer amps are not very reliable. and you don't know whether you get a good amp or a bad amp whatever the price range. he told me a humorous - yet alarming - story that once a behringer amp caught fire. so is what he saying true or just blown out of proportion?

and also what amps do you recommend?
im looking for good, reliable 50 - 100 watt electric guitar amp
Last edited by pretanga at Nov 22, 2008,
All I know is my friends dads behringer bass amp works well for him. But thats a bass amp.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
If you search Behringer here, it probably wont be positive.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by a7xrocks02
behringer is ****.

Yeah, It's not like they're actually regarded pretty positively for many other audio applications right?

But yeah, It's always cool to jump on bandwagons and have a7x in your name.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
What he told you is true. Behringer isn't the best product in the bunch. They've got some spotty quality control issues. You don't say how much you're looking to spend, but I'd recommend looking at the Peavey Valveking. I have one and absolutely love it. It'll set you back about $300 to $400 US. If you could afford a bit more, I'd absolutely recommend the Mesa Lonestar. A handmade copy of the Lonestar will set you back about 2 grand, but again, I absolutely love mine. The Peavey will do 50 watts and the Lonestar will do 10/50/100 watts. Both are tube amps, based on the 6L6GC power tetrode.
Quote by Billy Picken
Doesnt Behringer make Bugera amps?

Yes.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
If you go into the Bass section of this site and read their FAQ, they have a special section warning people against Behringers. It pretty much states that they are unreliable.
Saint Louis Blues
You get what you pay for. And behringer isnt very good. Im gonna imagine thats why behringer made a new name when they did bugera. Not many would buy a "behringer" tube amp made in china.
Quote by Tackleberry
You get what you pay for. And behringer isnt very good. Im gonna imagine thats why behringer made a new name when they did bugera. Not many would buy a "behringer" tube amp made in china.

Yet many do..

And many think they're worth a lot more than they cost in tone. Don't make assumptions
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
In my experience a quality used amp is a better buy than a cheap new one. I use an old Fender Yale (USA made) and it emulates tube sound well enough for small gigs. For bigger jobs, I slave it out to another oldie. A 150w Nolan head and a Selmer (yeah THAT old) 4 x 12 fitted with Crescendos. Just like Gilmour used.
I use a Berhinger mixer for recording and its fine at home. Just not sturdy enough to gig.
Behringer gear is awful, stay well away.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Billy Picken
Doesnt Behringer make Bugera amps?

Wow, why didn't i see this before? This explains so much of why Bugera's suck so bad and also why people try and argue that they don't. (my amp was cheap and was all i could afford, therefore, it's the best amp in the world cause its mine!).
I wasnt making any assumptions. Behringer does make bugera. They had to use a new name because the behringer one is well known for low quality products. But its not a stretch to figure behringer isnt going to make some great leap forward in quality because they stick a different name on the front. Just as park amps arent any better now that they put the marshall name on MGs. How many threads have been on UG about "my NEW bugera doesnt work" or "or my bugera blew up after 10 minutes of use". And the first thing everybody says to do is replace the low quality tubes they put in em. Thats the kind of business practices that made behringer junk in the first place.