Poll: Jackson Dominion or Gibson Explorer
Poll Options
View poll results: Jackson Dominion or Gibson Explorer
Jackson
1 100%
Gibson
0 0%
Voters: 1.
Ok so im trying to decide on a new guitar between the Gibson Explorer-$1399 or the Jackson Dominion-$1299.Iv played on an explorer and i liked the way it played and sounded but as far as the dominion goes iv never even seen one in person.
Equipment

Guitar
- Jackson DKMG DINKY(EMG 81/85)
- Ibanez S5470 Prestige(Air Classic/FS-1/D sonic)

Amp
- Randall RX120RH and RX412 Half Stack

Effects
- Digitech GNX3
I like Jacksons more personally based on the necks.
Ibanez Prestige RGA321SPB
jacksons are the most playable guitars on the planet
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
I'm really accustomed to Fender/Jackson/Dean necks so I'd say try the dominion and if you dig it enough get it.
ok just have to find a store near by that has one in stock. and i do love my dinky alot and jackson has been one of my favorite since i got it in
Equipment

Guitar
- Jackson DKMG DINKY(EMG 81/85)
- Ibanez S5470 Prestige(Air Classic/FS-1/D sonic)

Amp
- Randall RX120RH and RX412 Half Stack

Effects
- Digitech GNX3
Quote by jordanzio
jacksons are the most playable guitars on the planet

Maybe for you. Have you ever heard that saying about opinions and ***holes?
'Cause I have done it before and I will do it some more....
The pickups are VERY different... the Dominion has a couple of Duncan '59s which are PAF copies, and the Explorer has the 500t/496r combo, a couple of high output ceramic HB's.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The jacksons are extremly playable. In this situation you really need to look at the style of music you play.

You might want the jackson if your into speed metal or a genre that would require you to play really fast. The plus side of the jackson(I think) is that it already has the duncans

You would want an explorer is you play something like fat metal.(ex. Mudvayne-death blooms) although the pick-ups arent duncan's thier still pretty nice. One more thing, if you want an explorer IT IS OF UN-MOST IMPORTANCE THAT YOU STAY AWAY FROM THE ONE THAT HAS NO MAPLE TOP. The ones without maple tops have a terrible muddy sound.
boooooooooo!!!! hahaha well its your guitar man. im just a jackson *****... i think they have the best necks on the market
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
Quote by jordanzio
boooooooooo!!!! hahaha well its your guitar man. im just a jackson *****... i think they have the best necks on the market

they do make nice stuff, and it wont be too long before i have a soloist too...