Alright, a friend of mine is getting his first pedal. Despite my recommendations, he seems set on this thing;

http://www.guitarcenter.com/DigiTech-Artist-Series-XAS-EC-Eric-Clapton-Crossroads-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Pedal-103019162-i1124381.gc

I've heard bad things about it, so I've tried to tell him not to get it. Any advice from those who've tried it and or those who own one?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 71-73
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 1-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-5
Well, what does he want from the pedal? Maybe he should get a multi-effects to do some exploration.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I don't know to be honest. He kicked me out of our old band before it broke up, so we haven't seen each other in months, so I don't know. Last I met him he was a guitar noob who could barely play five chords without having to break everything up by shouting at the top of his lungs. I gave all the basic beginner recommendations though(DS-1, GCB-95, Phase 90, etc.) and he picked that one, and he seems to be idolizing Slash as of late, so I'd say somewhere between Slowhand and Slash, if that makes any sense.

its got 5 stars cant be to bad
Quote by Hypnotisation
I cannot leave this thread alone. I cannot get over the sponsored fap. Out of curiosity, can i ask how your mum decided to pay for your fapping material? Why can't you just get it free? WHY?

Quote by Jericho114
Can you suck your own dick also?
Quote by king~olievo
its got 5 stars cant be to bad

Most reviews on guitarcenter.com are "JUST GOT THIS EQUIPMENT FIVE MINUTES AGO AND IT'S BEEN NOTHING BUT GREAT." Furthermore, how do you know they aren't deleting bad reviews or that the company or retailer isn't planting great reviews?

If I had $100 I certainly wouldn't buy a pedal to sound like Clapton.

Back on topic, since your friend idolises Slash and Clapton perhaps he should get a wah?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
The reviews scare me. They're all too happy.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
i've had quite a lot of experience with digitech pedals because shops in my area tend to only have digitech. I love their delay, reverb, phase etc. but i don't like the distortion pedals very well. i use a metal master, which is a fine pedal, but it just gets old after a while. i've had the hot rod, it was pretty nice, but i would advise something electro harmonix
@Olievo; What the other three said.

@Raijouta; Tried that. Showed him everything from the GCB-95 to the Morley Classic, even that $30 Behringer starters wah. He still thinks I don't know what I'm talking about, despite my having four years playing time on him. >_< I never actually showed him what a wah can do though...suppose I should do so next time I see him.