Ok, so, I haven't posted here on UG for a very long time but I have a question.

I recently got a Michael Kelly Patriot Custom. It has nice coil tapped Rockfield humbuckers so I figured it would be good for blues. Wellll I'm playing it through a Digitech RP200a and an 10 watt Ibanez acoustic amp. Needless to say the tone is less than desirable. I neeeeed a good blues tone. Is there any way at all I could get halfway decent tone with the amp I already have? Like would a Boss blues driver or a tube screamer make it better? The distortion models on the Digitech suck (except for metal settings), and I know everyone says that single effects are better. I really don't have a lot of money so a nice tube amp is out of the question.
Quote by King_Arthur
Gibson guitar = $500 (guess)

Pack of strings = $5

Messing up your guitar with a bass string = Priceless
you're best bet is probably to sell your ibanez amp and get an epiphone valve junior and a blues driver or tube screamer. I doubt you're going to get a tone much better than you already have with your current amp.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
which epiphone valve junior? the half stack, the combo?
Quote by King_Arthur
Gibson guitar = $500 (guess)

Pack of strings = $5

Messing up your guitar with a bass string = Priceless
ditch the digitech... Blues tone requires no FX! Plug straight in, dial the bass to 7, the mid to 3 the high to 6, and the gain at about 3, click on your neck pickup for rhythm and the bridge for lead, you'll be fine! Don't use processors, they suck! Ibanez amps do too ( the axes rule though) but there is no reason you can't get a 1/4 decent tone out of it.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!