Not exactly a video, but have you ever created a screenplay like sequence in your mind for a certain song.
For a while now, every time I listen to Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve, I have my own screenplay played out in my mind.

During the beginning of the song, I picture a man walking down a busy street right at Sunrise. (Of course the street isn't busy at the wee hours in the morning.) However, this man is a drug addict. He is having suicidal thoughts. As the streets are getting more populated with adults going to work, children going to school, and with the sun rising, he stops at the highest point in the road and sits down just off the sidewalk, in the grass on the hill. As he is about to commit suicide by overdosing on [insert drug here] (I prefer heroin for this story), he looks up and looks all around him. He sees all kinds of children having fun with smiles on their faces, smells the fresh morning air, relives childhood memories..... He finally realizes that life is too beautiful to put and end too and has a change of mind. At the end, he starts walking back the way he came from..... a changed man.

I guess, in a way, I kind of based this story off some family members, but I hate to be specific on who I'm thinking about when listening to the song.

EDIT: I forgot to add that this is kind of the same thing for Metallica's new instrumental Suicide & Redemption.
Everything prior to 3:50 seconds is "Suicide" and everything after is "Redemption" so to speak. Especially at 4:52 is the "real Redemption".
Last edited by evilinvader88 at Nov 22, 2008,
I also would like to add that 'Say Hello 2 Heaven' is one of the best songs ever created.
And Mother Love Bone is one of the best bands ever in existence.
R.I.P. Andrew Wood. This song also reminds me of him and some family.
umm yeah i know that you got the idea from family experience and stuff and I bet you thought it was awesome and original... its not, its quite the opposite

I mean you would think that this kind of story would be powerful right? Probably BECAUSE it should be so powerful this story is used ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL THE TIME! so much so that the story is almost a cliche. It doesn't matter if the guy kills himself or not at the end, its been done to death!!!
Nah. I just sing along and enjoy the music. Nice to know that you're crazy, though.

Quote by GiveItAll
umm yeah i know that you got the idea from family experience and stuff and I bet you thought it was awesome and original... its not, its quite the opposite

I mean you would think that this kind of story would be powerful right? Probably BECAUSE it should be so powerful this story is used ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL THE TIME! so much so that the story is almost a cliche. It doesn't matter if the guy kills himself or not at the end, its been done to death!!!

I'm just saying what the song reminds me of dude.
I'm not trying to get it published or anything. haha