A music store near my house is having a holiday sale. They are selling metronomes for $10. I'm thinking of purchasing one, but first I'd like to know, would it be worth it?
Yes
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

Sure as hell couldn't hurt your playing. I mean the worst that could happen is that you go psycho due to the annoying clicking of the metronome. But overall, I think it would be a great investment.
yes, but if you don't want to spend the $10, there are metronomes online.
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
Definitely, unless that is you always have access to a computer when your playing. I might even take it a step up and spend $40 on a good one.
Mr. Butlertron are you A handsome B smart C scrap metal or D all of the above
Scangrade thats easy I'm A and B but not C, so it can't be all of the above, but you can't fill in two ovals Nooo!
Mr. Butlertron the answer is C... you fuckwad
my guess is that a 10 dollar metronome would be pretty basic, not be loud, ect. if you want a metronome worth buying, spend more cash on it.

i'd say use a metronome online first, see if you like practicing with it, then consider buying a nice one. you can plug your computer's headphone out into a guitar's CD in (i'm guessing you have a basic practice amp) to make it louder.

IMHO - drum machines are better practice tools than metronomes. Also less annoying
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by chris88kolate

+1
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

You can get a free metronome from the internet. It will be kind of software you can install on your computer. Metronome is always very useful for an musician. just type free metronome on google and you will get one. You will also save your 10$.
Without reading anything, yes!
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb