myspace.com/winterberrydrive

my favorite local band in dallas. they have all these crazy sounding chords. im sure its the fact that they have two guitarists, but i have no experience working with another guitarist, so if anyone can help, id appreciate it.

im looking mostly at 1:00 in Killing Envy, and 55 sec through the chorus in Dissociation.
I listened to the track, the chords you speak of are chords arranged in 5ths, basically a power chord, with a string in between the two. Common technique among the unlearned. Basically play a D power chord on the fifth string, leave your finger down to hit the G in the fifth fret of the forth string, and hit the seventh fret of the G string for the octave completing D, Then slide up a fret or two and back down. It's actually really easy, work with it, you'll see it!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by ValoRhoads
I listened to the track, the chords you speak of are chords arranged in 5ths, basically a power chord, with a string in between the two. Common technique among the unlearned. Basically play a D power chord on the fifth string, leave your finger down to hit the G in the fifth fret of the forth string, and hit the seventh fret of the G string for the octave completing D, Then slide up a fret or two and back down. It's actually really easy, work with it, you'll see it!

my music theory isnt too great. i know a bit, but its a small bit. are you telling me to play

e---------
b---------
g--7------
d--5------
a--5------
e---------

?

i dont have my guitar right now so i can try it.