Page 1 of 2
Everyone I see just so happens to be reading them, so are they good? I was told that they were about romantic vampires, and I just think that sounds like a horrible plot. Anyone actually read one?
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Any teenager who's gone through relationship issues could have written those books, they just threw vampires in it, which in turn made people freak.

Oh, and the movie was worse.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
From what I understand it's a typical trend that is getting milked for what all it's worth.
I haven't read them. I have a hard time getting through fiction most of the time, especially things that include vampires. So, I have never touched a Twilight book and probably never will. All I know is that girls aged 11-48 are obsessed with it, and the book has something to do with a girl falling in love with a vampire.

~Frussie

Michael Jackson - Forever loved
I see people I didn't know who could read reading them. I call shenanigans.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Shitty!
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
I was actually thinking of reading this book/seeing this movie because the author talks about how she is inspired by the band Muse (My favourite band) and like how certain songs relate to parts of the book or something.. And thus I was like "hmm seems interesting"
Then I saw the previews for the movie and heard what the book was about and I was like.. **** that.
Twilight? Psh...

Sounds like someone sold their soul...and not for something useful like rock and roll.
Everyone at my school (namely the women) has been orgasming over the movie that is apparently based on the books. I haven't read the books, nor do I plan to. They're all like, "Come see Twilight!!!! ZOMG!". It just doesn't make any sense to me.
I work in a music store at huge shopping mall. let me tell you, not a day goes by without hearing girls shrieking over it. I dont get it. it sounds like a very dumb and boring plot. The writing would have to be next to impossibly good to make all of these people shout louder than for harry potter
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ehh. The books are wll written and decently interesting... saw the movie and I thought it was good. Id watch it again.

Quote by YourDad
Any teenager who's gone through relationship issues could have written those books,.

Same can be said for Catcher in the Rye, but it still a good book.
Not the relationship the just the whole teenage theme.
Last edited by Iliemyfaceoff at Nov 23, 2008,
I liked the Eragon books before the movie, so is Twilight like that?

Quote by deadbolt39
From what I understand it's a typical trend that is getting milked for what all it's worth.

Sounds like this generation's "Harry Potter." Not dissing Harry Potter, just remarking that it was accompanied by a massive money grabbing scheme and evolved from "art" to "greed."
there are 4 books
in book 1: vampire meets (mortal)girl
in book 2: vampire and girl fall for eachother
in book 3: people try to break them apart then they get back together and get married
in book 4: they have a child, but the girl is gonna die during child birth, so the vampire guy turns the chick into a vampire. moore problems, they over come them, they live happily ever after

pretty boring IMO

oh, and there are a sh*tload of grammatical errors.

edit: i only read half a book, but i stopped because of the massive errors, and well it was boring. I found the rest out cuz most of my lady friends talk about it 24/7. I got the rest from spoiler websites/ people going on and on and on about the book.
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by xyz66 at Nov 23, 2008,
Look, basically, the books are about people sighing, chuckling and raising one eyebrow. Seriously. That's it.

I used to love them, but now I loathe them. Most girls only like them because they have a perfect male vampire that they can drool over. The main character is a girl who ha absolutely no personality or talents or anything, so readers can pretend they are her and it's really them pashing the vampire. It's terrible. And to think I was one of them.

the only good thing about the books is that they've gotten people who don't usually to read to finish a whole series of rather thick ones.

See the movie, though. It'll be awful.
XIAOXI
Last edited by Abunai X at Nov 23, 2008,
Though, on the good side, I think it's better that a piece of literature is a huge fad rather than a stupid reality show or crappy mainstream music etc.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
They're books that have pictures of Avery Horton and his bunk beds. Also they have pictures of the magazine cover from the photo shoot.

I would like to see them but am waiting for someone who is in Averys family who promised he would post them after a group of certain people helped him win.

*hint*
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
They're books that have pictures of Avery Horton and his bunk beds. Also they have pictures of the magazine cover from the photo shoot.

I would like to see them but am waiting for someone who is in Averys family who promised he would post them after a group of certain people helped him win.

*hint*

I have been waiting for those as well. Tat side of my family are a bunch of jerks who hardly even said thanks. I wish I could show you guys, but I still can't.

Don't waste your time reading these books. read a good book, read true literature. read 1984 or a clockwork orange
Quote by Pinky19
Everyone I see just so happens to be reading them, so are they good? I was told that they were about romantic vampires, and I just think that sounds like a horrible plot. Anyone actually read one?

They are hell. And there is now a movie that got bad reviews. Don't watch the movie, or read the books. They are strictly for chicks. The girl in the movie isn't even pretty. It fails. The logic is terrible. "I'm in love with a vampire..." Don't vampires, oh, I dunno, suck blood out of you neck? Real romantic. Rant finished, over.
hehe not a problem Pinky..

Maybe you should tell them they only won because of you..or do they in usual religious fashion, believe it was divine intervention lol?
They are turning vampires from awesome horror movie villains to lame romantic faggots.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
I read the first one, it was really crappy.

Quote by whalepudding
They are turning vampires from awesome horror movie villains to lame romantic faggots.

If that was the objective, then Anne Rice beat them to the punch a looong tima ago, only her books (and one of the movies) where actually good.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by CicatrizESP
Don't waste your time reading these books. read a good book, read true literature. read 1984 or a clockwork orange

Too bad Alex is fucking impossible to understand haha.

I think I'm going with a bunch of people to make fun of this movie on Saturday.
Quote by Avedas
I think I'm going with a bunch of people to make fun of this movie on Saturday.

Don't kid yourself. If you dislike a movie enough to make fun of it then it's not likely you'd be willing to pay money to be stuck in a cinema watching it.
Quote by whalepudding

No doubt..but hey welcome to the 21st century. When I was in grade 7 like 8 years ago I didn't know one emo or one gay. I went to my little sisters jr. high to pick her up they other day and I saw more emos and faggots then I thought existed in all of NYC.
twilight is the only thing bedsides my chemical romance that has managed to make vampires totally homo. bela lugosi is turning in his grave right now.
"Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks."
- Dr. Dre
Quote by CicatrizESP

You must be a tro0 ponxz
Quote by thomaserak
twilight is the only thing bedsides my chemical romance that has managed to make vampires totally homo. bela lugosi is turning in his grave right now.

hey, MCR isn't that bad.....

ahhh, crap. *flameshield*

on topic, don't see it and/or read it.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Don't kid yourself. If you dislike a movie enough to make fun of it then it's not likely you'd be willing to pay money to be stuck in a cinema watching it.

Well, there's like 4 of us who are just going to make fun of the movie. Then there's the girls who actually want to see it.

What the hell, it's only like 10 bucks.
Quote by Le_Bunny

Eh, I've seen worse movies, just because friends wanted to see it and I had nothing better to do.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Avedas
Well, there's like 4 of us who are just going to make fun of the movie. Then there's the girls who actually want to see it.

What the hell, it's only like 10 bucks.

Well that changes everything. The girls will make it worth the effort, no doubt
the movie was one of the most disgusting abominations in the history of cinema. aside from the flashy cinematography and the radiohead song at the end, there were no redeeming factors. the acting was laughable, the dialogue was atrocious, and the plot development was pathetic. i haven't read the books, but after seeing the film, i have no desire to.
Page 1 of 2