Just to start off, i didn't put this under the recording section because it says it's intended for recordings and songs. I was wondering what would be a good interface to plug into my computer for under $200. I need 2 xlr phantom powerd inputs for recording straight acoustic and such, and also two 1/4" instrument inputs so i can run two cables from a mixer to the interface (this way i can pan out and mix drums, for instance, and run a left and right cable into the computer so it has a stereo sound to it). It would also be able if there was a built in pre-amp. Btw i have an HP laptop with vista running on it (not my choice, came with it). Thanks for any help.
wat

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by wat???
Btw i have an HP laptop with vista running on it (not my choice, came with it)

And wrong forum. The Pit won't help you.
you need to spend at least $5k on a protools HD rig or go to the R&R forum to able to do what you want.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Masonpwiley

And wrong forum. The Pit won't help you.

To be fair, Vista isn't ideal for recording yet. There are many music production programs out there that still aren't updated correctly for Vista.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Tascam US-122
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Quote by Xiaoxi
To be fair, Vista isn't ideal for recording yet. There are many music production programs out there that still aren't updated correctly for Vista.

not to mention the fact that it's a major resource hog, which as major minus point when recording.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
not to mention the fact that it's a major resource hog, which as major minus point when recording.

Not really. It takes up about the same amount as OSX Leopard.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Not really. It takes up about the same amount as OSX Leopard.

Well I had a lot of problems with it hogging resources when recording so I switched back to XP, of course I used Vista like a year ago so some of that may have been fixed by now.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Well I had a lot of problems with it hogging resources when recording so I switched back to XP.

Maybe your computer's not up to it.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Maybe your computer's not up to it.

the computer I was using then was a P4 3 Ghz with 3GB ram, I doubt that was the problem.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
the computer I was using then was a P4 3 Ghz with 3GB ram, I doubt that was the problem.

!!!

How is that NOT the problem?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
!!!

How is that NOT the problem?

Actually, I know plenty of people who do audio work just fine on P4s, and Vista ran fine when I was doing audio work. I had the same problem when I got my intel core quad PC.

Last.fm
ave you even looked at the R&R forum? That is where members get advice on recording gear. The fact that there are tons of questions there right now should have been a clue that that was the place to post

Just stating the obvious
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Actually, I know plenty of people who do audio work just fine on P4s, and Vista ran fine when I was doing audio work. I had the same problem when I got my intel core quad PC.

To be fair, I keep a boot of XP on my PC solely for recording. My programs are pirated so they've had no updates for Vista, so I don't know. But it really should work without any problem if your computer's hardware is current.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
To be fair, I keep a boot of XP on my PC solely for recording. My programs are pirated so they've had no updates for Vista, so I don't know. But it really should work without any problem if your computer's hardware is current.

It probably should work, but what should work and what does work are often two different things, especially in computing.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
It probably should work, but what should work and what does work are often two different things, especially in computing.

Too true.

Fuck computers.

/irony

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

i do the same , use a mixer and a usb interface as long as its 24-bit, 192kHz
Quote by moody07747

Btw out editing computers at school are P4 2GHz with 512mb ram and they run Avid just fine

yeah I never got why they can't just keep the overhead resource use for those things low when programs 5 years ago where doing pretty much the same thing programs now are doing only on much slower computers.

Last.fm