Yeah...
I use a Carvin X100B with a Marshall 4x12 AVT cab for practice with my Death Metal band. I am sick of hauling that monster around! Can anyone recommend me a practice amp that gets that amount of gain, and is easily portable, can get over a drummer, and is tube? Cause my half stack is not fun going up 3 flights of stairs!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Tube amps are heavy. You could get a 40w tube combo, but it will still weigh a decent amount. On the other hand, it will be much easier to transport than a halfstack would.
Logan

-Ignore the "A7X"'s in my name! I made this account before City of Evil existed!
budget?

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Without knowing your budget I'd say a Randall RG50 TC but then again. it's not really a practice amp. Combo-wise, I'd recommend that or a Peavey 6505
ohai little sig.
budget: $400
tube practice amp,
50 watts I hope!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Vox Vox Vox!
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barack Obama

''Life's tough...it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne
Quote by ValoRhoads
Yeah...
I use a Carvin X100B with a Marshall 4x12 AVT cab for practice with my Death Metal band. I am sick of hauling that monster around! Can anyone recommend me a practice amp that gets that amount of gain, and is easily portable, can get over a drummer, and is tube? Cause my half stack is not fun going up 3 flights of stairs!

Leave the 4x12 at your practice location. Buy a 2x12 for home and carry the head around.

Otherwise. You play deathmetal. Man up a bit for that stack.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."