have any of you been a smoker and gave up? because i've been thinking, im only 17 and started when i was 11 i dont wanna die when im 30! its like i have been trapped in a gamble for my life! do you have any tips for giving up?
Wow dude! Eleven..

Sorry I can't add to this thread.
I think its time to pack your things lets go,
To a place where we both know,
And dont worry, I'll drive real slow,
Spend some time before we go..
Goddamn, 11 years old? I started when I was 17. I stopped for about 9 months when I was 19. I'm 20 now and smoke a cigarette every once in a while.
You need serious help.

WEED FTW

Try gum, but do NOT use Nictotine gum. It's absolutely dreadful.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Grow some balls. You ****ed up in the first place. Get whatever help you can if you wanna quit. But you gotta control yourself dude. You could've smoked when you were younger, but not as much as you probably did...leading to your current problem.
A good way to get started is to mentally conquer it first. Don't allow yourself to give in, don't feel like you have to. The physical need will still be there but you will be in control.
i love smoking cigs. I dont care if i lose 20 yrs of my life. Theyll probaly suck anyways.

The only negative thing ive noticed is my stamina when playing sports.
just hit rock bottom and get as much help as you can find. Its what i always do when i have a serrious problem
Quote by K!!LsWiTcH
my parents started when they were 13 theyre 50 now
ur not gonna die when ur 30

He might, lung cancer is a bitch.
Smoking is bad mmkay..

What you should do is just everytime you get a craving just occupy yourself with something else, chew gum, eat liquorice or something like that.
Some of my relatives smoke. Or, they used to, anyway.

They didn't quit, if that is what you are thinking. They died young of lung cancer.

Don't let it happen to you, its horrible.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
just realise that life is worth more then smoking, realise your not invincible and man up and quit.
Tip: Give up. As hard as it sounds, just don't do it. Because it is actually possible, despite how hard patch and gum advertisements try to tell you otherwise.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
trust me it WILL happen. i started when i was 11 aswell and quit when i was 13, cause i thought mm im a bit of a douche arent i, i guess this **** could kill me aye? and cause i wanted to be good at sport
Quote by guitardude367
have any of you been a smoker and gave up? because i've been thinking, im only 17 and started when i was 11 i dont wanna die when im 30! its like i have been trapped in a gamble for my life! do you have any tips for giving up?

You could smoke a pack a day from here on out and you still wouldn't die at 30.
You're*
I read this thing about a girl who started when she was 10 and when she was 30 she needed some machine to help her breathe

so its still a good idea to give up
Quote by wombifat
I read this thing about a girl who started when she was 10 and when she was 30 she needed some machine to help her breathe

so its still a good idea to give up

i have two 20 packs you have just tempted me to rip them,i've done this before though and it didnt end well...i smoked a ripped up fag from the bin

TRY HARDER TO MAKE ME FIGHT THE POWER!!!
Quote by yougottamove77
i love smoking cigs. I dont care if i lose 20 yrs of my life. Theyll probaly suck anyways.

The only negative thing ive noticed is my stamina when playing sports.

See, you're still not escaping those last few awful years of life. You're just making them arrive a few years sooner.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light