ive gotten these little episodes where i just really worry in my head and the back of my neck feels very hot and i just cant stand it. like i run what ifs through my head over and over again and it sucks, anyone got any advice?
~shecter hellraiser C-1~
smuke sum w3d!

i kid, i kid..
um, cup o tea and some lit candles?
I'm pretty bad like that as well. I worry and stress to the point of physical illness. (Migraines, nausea, diarrhoea, etc).

One thing that helps me is remembering that when I'm on my deathbed, the thing I'm worrying about now will not be very important.
XIAOXI
yeah see a psychologist and shizz but in the meantime, listen to loud music and if that doesn't help read a book
Quote by Abunai X
I'm pretty bad like that as well. I worry and stress to the point of physical illness. (Migraines, nausea, diarrhoea, etc).

One thing that helps me is remembering that when I'm on my deathbed, the thing I'm worrying about now will not be very important.

What if he's got cancer?
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Breath in for 4sec then hold it for 4sec finally realse for 8sec. Then realize the difference between your perception and reality. When you worry about that crap, you are literally making up false scenarios in your head and then treating them as if they are prophecies.
Quote by SFMMcoasters
You just need to chill out with some Jack Johnson

haha yeah!
this actually happened to me today, just get up and lay down for a few minutes, just chill and watch some mind numbing T.V. seriously it makes you forget all your woes. that or play a videogame. its a fix but itsonly temporary, like it will keep yo straight until you run stuff through your head at mach 5, its the curse of people who think about al different possiblities after the fact that the event has taken place or one that you know is going to, and know none of the way you think about it play out, except the one you didnt want... its just how it is
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Quote by humperdunk
What if he's got cancer?

Your point is invalid due to the fact that you never came up with the pictures of that girl. I can't believe I believed you!

And yeah, fine, cancer may be an exception. And hunger pains.
XIAOXI
Last edited by Abunai X at Nov 23, 2008,
Quote by SFMMcoasters
You just need to chill out with some Jack Johnson

Works every time.
Taylor GS8 Rosewood/Spruce
exercise helps, and gettin enough sleep, avoidin caffiene, drugs, alcohol, and of course playin an instrument. best of luck man
Yeah man, I was seeing a psychiatrist and was diagnosed with Depersonalization disorder with anxiety. I was having a lot of panic attacks and I just felt like I was living in a dream 24/7. We pretty much concluded that it was due to 2 deaths in the family less than 6 months apart (people that I actually cared about, not just distant relatives I've never talked to in my life). The first death also got me into drinking and as a result I got acute pancreatits, and have been completely sober since. The depersonalization was pretty much like had the weed vision change all the time but without smoking weed at all and without any euphoria or pleasentness or anything. Like I had a messed up perception of the world all the time. It was the worst thing ever and I wouldn't even wish it on the people I hate most. It happened after a bad trip with weed for me. I was hella messed up. He recommended me a prescription of seroquel but I didn't take it.

To get better, I pretty much stopped any tobacco smoking (hookah and cigarettes), caffeine drinking, and pot smoking, and I think I'm naturally getting better now. It still occasionally happens from time to time, but I feel much better overall now. I feel much happier too now, but I do occasionally have nights of just depressed thoughts and the feeling still. I realize now looking back on it that it was probably caused by depression, because I was very depressed and didn't even tell my psychiatrist about it, and I still am a little bit from time to time. I think he assumed it since we concluded that it was due to the deaths, but I never actually straight up told him I was depressed.

But overall, I feel much better. Get rid of all stimulants or anything at all that can **** with your head AT ALL, and don't try to get worked up on anything too much. Avoid alcohol too. The music of dr. dog, the beatles, bob dylan, and the beach boys helped me a lot during this period.

It'll get better man, just hang in there.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Sometimes I get scared ****less thinking about
A, the inevitability of my own death/ wether an afterlife exists or not
B, what will happen when the universe collapses