Ok, I went to a 7-11, got in my car, started it, and put it in reverse. I start moving back then I notice I cant turn the wheel. So I try to brake, and it's like the brake pedal was stuck and it wouldnt break either.

At this point I was going to back into something, so I was forced to put it into park. So I put it in drive and the accelerator doesnt work either. So I put it back in park and turn the car off and turn it back on and it is fine!

So, what the hell was wrong with my car?!

edit: the car is working fine after I turned it off...
In heaven, all interesting people are absent.
Last edited by Ecliptica24 at Nov 23, 2008,
Quote by Ecliptica24
Ok, I went to a 7-11, got in my car, started it, and put it in reverse. I start moving back then I notice I cant turn the wheel. So I try to brake, and it's like the brake pedal was stuck and it wouldnt break either.

At this point I was going to back into something, so I was forced to put it into park. So I put it in drive and the accelerator doesnt work either. So I put it back in park and turn the car off and turn it back on and it is fine!

It stopped working properly.
You're*
1. How are you posting?
2. It might be a problem with the transmission, like it's having trouble shifting.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Call the doctor.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Why don't you ask the guy who towed your car back to you're computer? Assuming you don't have a Laptop in your car...
Because it got replaced with a cardboard box during a daring switch-scam.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Bushinarin
1. How are you posting?
2. It might be a problem with the transmission, like it's having trouble shifting.

Because you don't need a car to use the internet.

Quote by snow blind
Why don't you ask the guy who towed your car back to you're computer? Assuming you don't have a Laptop in your car...

"Back to you are computer?" Dude, he freakin' said his car is fine now, you reader.
You're*
Automatic or manual?

Edit: Just noticed you said Park. Meaning automatic. Anyway. As for what was wrong...you should probably get your entire engine overhauled. Sounds like something got disconnected and then magically reconnected itself. Don't ask me how. Anyway. Get it to a mechanic before that problem happens when you're on the freeway.
Gear List:
Yamaha SJ-180 Steel String Acoustic
2008 Ibanez S520
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Peavey Vypyr 15W

Call me Erk.
Last edited by erkdoken at Nov 23, 2008,
Like I said, I turned it off and on then it worked fine........
Quote by Ecliptica24

Well at first I was gonna say power steering, then the brake pedal was stuck and that would be power brakes, then the accelerator doesn't work so I'll just say:

Take your car to a mechanic

They can hook it up to a diagnostics tester and run the codes to see what's wrong.
The pit cannot do anything but speculate.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Same thing happened to my car awhile back i couldn't move the wheel or accelerate but i turned it off and back on and everything worked fine. I believe it was because it got flooded from too much rain but i could by wrong was it raining where you are.
lay off the coke dude.

no but really, you probably didnt have it all the way engaged into the reverse position, that would lock the wheel. just make sure you are putting the shifter all the way into its place.
Well Enough Alone
Quote by Ecliptica24

edit: the car is working fine after I turned it off...

Sounds iffy, I would have it moved to a shop to get checked out real good...dont drive it!!!

It actually sounds like you simply didnt start the car...that would cause the brakes to freeze up as well as the power steering...
I cant see it being a computer problem.

still, I would get it checked out real good.
Last edited by moody07747 at Nov 23, 2008,
It was built on a Lolaframe, causing it to become defunctional and Unrelyable

Sorry
Quote by Survivalism

"Back to you are computer?" Dude, he freakin' said his car is fine now, you reader.

He wrote two paragraphs, he can't expect me to read the second one
what car is it?
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Even though it runs fine now, it doesn't mean it won't happen again. The diagnostics idea is a good place to start.

Whats the make model and year?
intermintent problems hard to diagnaose me=mechanic and those systems are not really connected in any way are you sure you car was on?

i don't think you started it
song stuck in my head today

Im not sure I am really high and the key was on for my friend so I dont think I started it. Hahahahaha Im worthless...
computer doeasn't control brakes or steering possibly throttle but fly by wire is kinda new so i don;t know about lexus in 97 but i would not suspect the computer

The engine wasn't started, you probably just turned the key, then tried to back up.:p

It happened to me when I first started driving and I was in my friends truck.
Transmission, Steering Column, Brake pads, any of these could be the source of your problem, take it to a shop for a diagnostic.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by stratkat
The engine wasn't started, you probably just turned the key, then tried to back up.:p

It happened to me when I first started driving and I was in my friends truck.

also gotta think, whats w/ the breaks than? -.-;
Life Sucks. Get over it.
I'm tempted to be a wanker and blame the auto transmission, but most cars lock the wheel when and you lose power brakes when the car is off (assuming your car has them as its a Lexus). If your car has power brakes, they will feel quite odd without the power. Having the car off would prevent you from accelerating as well. It's quite realistic that you just didn't start the car.

Also, it's bad for the transmission to stop the car with Park, it's better to use the handbrake instead if you don't have a footbrake.
Quote by Bdotnert
also gotta think, whats w/ the breaks than? -.-;

with out the break booster your breaks when pushed will get rock hard and not be as efficient you have to push them 3 or 4 times to get full pedal feel but everytime you push them they will be rock hard

i think what you did was you didnt actually turn on the engine, seeing that you couldnt turn the steering wheel maybe the car was off and the car was just stuck in reverse
because there is a g-g-g-ghooooost in your car
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
Quote by lbc_sublime
with out the break booster your breaks when pushed will get rock hard and not be as efficient you have to push them 3 or 4 times to get full pedal feel but everytime you push them they will be rock hard

that's what she said (you said hard alot,)
but thanks for explaining the brake thing for me
your car didnt start when you tried the first time...I've done it many times in a hurry
Songs
Our Song

Quote by archangels666

YOU MOTHER GET UP, come on get DOWN WITH THE BUTTSECKS!
YOU FUCKER GET UP, come on get DOWN WITH THE BUTTSECKS!
BUTTSECKS IS THE GIFT THAT HAS BEEN GIVEN TO ME!

Quote by lbc_sublime
intermintent problems hard to diagnaose me=mechanic and those systems are not really connected in any way are you sure you car was on?

i don't think you started it

Eh? How would that be hard to diagnose? Run a code and voila you've got a list of things to check.

My money goes to the 'he didn't start the car' theory though

EDIT: And yeah, would've been 1000x better to use your handbrake instead of stopping it with the transmission.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
i'm an automotive technician at a Toyota dealership. i know why this happens, but i don't feel like telling you sucka!