Poll: Is being gay the "in" thing for the new generations?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is being gay the "in" thing for the new generations?
No not at all.
36 17%
Yes totally.
35 17%
Kinda, I think people are just more acceptable now.
69 33%
Purple monkey dishwasher.
68 33%
Voters: 208.
Page 1 of 3
Is it "cool" to be bi-sexual or gay nowadays? I remember when I was in Jr. High 6 years ago it was not cool at all. You'd most likely be ridiculed and made fun of..

So is it a trend that kids do now just to be cool? Either lying about it or forcing themselves to experiment?

Discuss.
It is becoming a fad, because of it's massive exposure through the media people see it and think they are too. Monkey see, monkey do.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
nope, you still get made fun of, just people now choose not to care
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
I don't think so. Acting gay is "cool." But actually *being* gay, no, it's just living differently.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Me and my roommate were discussing it. He thinks its a fad too, I personally just think its socially accepted more now, so gays that would have kept it a secret are exposing themselves because they have no fear any longer.
It's "edgy" with idiots.
Mostly between teh ages of 14-17.
I guess anyway idk. I have noticed a rise of guys buying girl pants in teh last few years.
And it's only young people, if I ever see anyone over 20 in girl jeans it'd be hard not to insult them and embarass them publicly.
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
Me and my roommate were discussing it. He thinks its a fad too, I personally just think its socially accepted more now, so gays that would have kept it a secret are exposing themselves because they have no fear any longer.

that's part of it, but there are quite a few scene kids who pretend to be gay to get chicks ( )
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by NGD1313
this thread sucks.

Yeah this is a serious one for a change.. I know it lacks my usual grouping of immaturity and humor. Sorry I am kinda sick and have no pot so I am having trouble sleeping.

tl/dr : i am bored.
Quote by guitardude367
emo boys are really hot they need some of my love.

No man, you need to leave some for me.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
that's part of it, but there are quite a few scene kids who pretend to be gay to get chicks ( )

Ah yeah totally. The open minded "Gay" guy gets the open minded girl, bangs her and reaches the lifelong epitome (at 15) that he is BI SEXUAL not GAY!

It won't last long as a fad since people faking their sexuality are doomed to a life of miserable depression until they admit to the world that they're a fraud (and even then they'll probably be depressed).
Quote by stratkat
It's "edgy" with idiots.
Mostly between teh ages of 14-17.
I guess anyway idk. I have noticed a rise of guys buying girl pants in teh last few years.
And it's only young people, if I ever see anyone over 20 in girl jeans it'd be hard not to insult them and embarass them publicly.

Wearing girl jeans doesn't decide your sexual preference...
Yeah whats with the tight pants make you gay? Basically every manly rock frontman in history has rocked the tight pants??

Morrison/ Plant / McCartney / Axl / Cobain / Vedder / Hendrix / Jagger

cmon man...
I don't think emo/scene made it "in" but it is definitely "in"
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
has being emo made...? how about no, being emo is the most idiotic thing you can possibly do with your life. Everyone (except for other emo people) makes fun of emo people, maybe just not to their faces.
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
Yeah whats with the tight pants make you gay? Basically every manly rock frontman in history has rocked the tight pants??

Morrison/ Plant / McCartney / Axl / / Vedder / Hendrix / Jagger

cmon man...

But those ...*erases "Cobain" from the list*...those were acting with virility!

It's not the pants, it's the (visual and mental) d!ck print that matters!
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by MeltingWaxFace

Morrison/ Plant / McCartney / Axl / Cobain / Vedder / Hendrix / Jagger

cmon man...

yeah there really isn't anything gay about tight pants, the reason people think there is, is because most people on here (myself included) grew up in an era where baggy pants where then "in" thing for a long time and only chicks and gay men wore tight pants.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
So far we know :

1) being gay gets the chicks or vice versa(dont ask why)

2) it may or may not have to do with emo/scene culture

3) Purple monkey dishwashers are the relevant topic.

4) it is "in"
Quote by Doppelgänger
No man, you need to leave some for me.

how about we all share hot love under some thin sheets babe...i love the feel of thin sheets its strangly hotter...*ooohhh*
I think that what has happened is not that being gay is "in" but that androgyny has returned back to the spotlight (albeit not nearly to the extent it was a few decades ago). Like everything recirculated from 80s culture (fashion, music, nostalgia, etc.) the androgynous look made a comeback and suddenly a blending of both female and male characteristics has suddenly become "cool" again. In this sort of climate, it can stand to assumption that gay people might be a little more willing to express themselves (as opposed to just a decade ago where nu-metal and faux gangsta rap were etching in diamond the lines between male, female, and "ghey").
Quote by bigredbeast
how much is 15,000 PHP? I didn't know they played guitar in the Phillipines. I thought they played ukelele or something.

Because, of course, we're too far away from places with guitars and all that stuff so we play ukelele...
Quote by RPGoof
tight pants =/= gay
I don't think it has changed public opinion.

Exactly. Wearing tight pants has been popular before the "emo" culture hit the stands, and it certainly wasn't equated with being gay at that point.

I think you're confusing gay with "meterosexual" and being comfortable with one's "masculinity"...

A good 50% of my friends are gay, and none of them are emo, or scene.

(And before you go accusing me of being a faggot as I'm sure many of you will, realize that one, I have a girlfriend, and two, I don't have to make fun of someone else's sexuality to feel okay about my own, so you can all just take a walk)
Quote by xrawrockkillsx
purple monkey.

honestly, why the **** does it matter?

Think about it. Why does anything matter?

Q :Why do forums even exist?

A : Because bored people like to discuss irrelevant topics with total strangers.
No, perhaps some people have just gotten over their homophobia and insecurities enough to stop prejudice against an undeserving minority.
Quote by guitardude367
how about we all share hot love under some thin sheets babe...i love the feel of thin sheets its strangly hotter...*ooohhh*

ooohh... I'm so horny right now.
Quote by SpelChek
You just ruined your poll by putting the last option in.

Voting Purple Monkey dishwasher just is the equivalent of I don't give a **** if its cool to be a fraud , cool to pretend to be gay etc.
Well, I don't really see it being treated as "cool" to be gay, quite the opposite, really.
sup?
Quote by guitardude367
are your panties wet hun?

wut?

@ Doppelganger: WHEN DID YOU HAVE A SEX CHANGE OPERATION?!?
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
I know tons of people who at least experimented a little because it was the cool thing.
Quote by stratkat
Maybe not, but it still looks rediculously retarded.

in your opinion...
in mine, the jeans youre wearing in your picture ridiculously baggy and look even more retarded.
Page 1 of 3