My bassists amp
http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?ID=81.
He uses some yamaha bass guitar (active p-ups).
Anyway he turns his bass amp on,plays for 2-3 minutes then it's goes all weak,fizzy and badly distorted.It's sounds really bad.
So any ideas on whats happenned to it?
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
did he change the batteries in his guitar? since you mentioned they were active pups you probably did but thought i'd throw that out there. other than that it's a small SS amp. The fee just to look at the amp + actually fixing it you could probably replace it. Unless you take it to the store you bought it at. they might give you a deal on fixing it.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
im guessing the pickups also. try switching out the batteries. if that doesnt work. try plugging it in to a different outlet.
trust me, I'm a professional
Yeah I thought about the batteries but he's experienced that before,and it's a different sound.

Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
sometimes batteries die in different ways. hell you can plug your guitar into it to check if that's the problem.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Does that amp seriously run at 1ohm...

Check the active pickups battery first. Then we discuss amp next.

*EDIT*
OHHh that's the line input Ohm. It runs at 8. Nevermind lol.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
i seriously dont see it being anything else but the pickups. unless he dropped his amp or something moving it. and damaged the speaker. try plugging it into another outlet in your house. plug in the bass. play it. if it keeps doing that. borrow another bass or just plug in a guitar and play it. if the problem seizes when you play it with the guitar. its your bass, and its definitly the pickups. if it persists theres something wrong with your speaker. or something more serious
trust me, I'm a professional
Ok thanks for all these responses.
I didn't get a chance to plug into it this past weekend and as it's my mates amp I won't see it again until friday...
But when I find out what happened I will let you know.