Hi,
I just ordered a Schecter C1 with the floyd rose but now I've found out that if you put your guitar in drop d with a floyd rose then it throws everything out and after a quick google I found that the special drop d tuners don't fix it? .... help?
yeah...thats the only bad thing about a floyd rose...it will do that. plus, if u bend ull see the bridge shift up and down too...its just what happens. If u really know how to play with the bridge u can drop d the guitar and equal out the other strings in one quick go around.
btw...if the bridge moves more than can be compensated for i suggest getting another spring...thatll tighten things up

best of luck
If you're thinking of the D-Tuna (i think it's called) that will only work on 'Dive only' trems, like EVH. If you blocked the trem from pulling up with a Tremol-no you could drop the bottom string, but in full floating mode you have no chance.
What most people dont realise is that Drop-D on a Floyd Or Edge is fine! What you do is when you get it, tune the fine tuner higher, then take off the top-locks and tune your now sharpened E-string down back to normal. Then to get drop-D, just adjust the fine-tuner down enough to get there. This only very slightly knocks out a few other strings.

I do this on all my guitars.
GEAR:

Ibanez JEM 555 Steve Vai Signature x2 (Black + White)
Squier Vintage Modified Tele Custom II
Ovation CP247

Vox VT120+
Boss GT-10
Digitech Distortion Factory
Quote by h3llang3l
What most people dont realise is that Drop-D on a Floyd Or Edge is fine! What you do is when you get it, tune the fine tuner higher, then take off the top-locks and tune your now sharpened E-string down back to normal. Then to get drop-D, just adjust the fine-tuner down enough to get there. This only very slightly knocks out a few other strings.

When your trying to do that in 3 seconds it's a little hard, I think going for the tremol-no is my best option but when I saw the price...$100 AUD?? thats pretty ridiculous but I think I'll still get one.

EDIT: just bought one for $90 AUD from ebay in America I wish the AUD wasn't so bad right nowww!! grrr
Last edited by 13-GUITARIST at Nov 23, 2008,
You do understand how the tremol-no works, right?

What it will do is allow you to switch the trem to dive-only or fixed mode to allow you to change tunings. However, once you've changed tunings it has to stay in that mode, it won't let you change tunings and still have the full use of the trem. In dive-only mode you obviously can't pull up on the trem which will negate the effect lowering the tuning will have on the bridge, in fixed mode you can't use the trem at all.

In both those modes the tremol-no compensates for the change in tension so the bridge doesn't move, if you set it to dive only, change tuning then try to set it back to full-floating then the bridge is just going to go out of whack again.

Out of tune is out of tune, if you drop the low E to D on a Floyd the other strings are horrednously out - if you can't notice it that's your problem.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com