OK well i learnt the first solo in knockin on heavens door, then i learnt nothing else matters solo 90% well.... been playing for around 8months or so... anyone got any ideas on solos or some cool riffs to learn? i just learnt the intro riff to welcome home by coheed and cambria to..
i like foo fighters, metallica, smashing pumpkins, coheed and cambria, etc. Thx
Couple of cool little things I do if I'm really cold (if my fingers are cold I play ****) to get me warmed up.
This is near the end of It's So Easy (GN'R), play it fairly fast (alternate picking works really well):

--------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------9--9---x--7-9- Repeat till you get sick of it
---8--7--5----------------------9--9---x--7-9-
-------------7-------------------7--7---x--5-7-
----------------6--5--3--0----------------------

And this is the intro for Too Fast For Love (Crue)

-------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------- Play that x2 on the D, A and E strings.
----0-----2p0-3p0-----0-4p0-5p0--7p6-7p6----
Quote by wesselbindt
Then you should try dangerfapping. It involves fapping till ur halfway there, and then calling ur mom or dad to your room, and than try to cum before he/she enters your room. It's an incredible rush.
Crazy Train? Number of the Beast? The solos might be a little complex but the riffs are fun and challenging.
Here there are some easy solo that I know, you can try them:

Edguy - Land Of The Miracle
Sonata Arctica - Tallulah
Metallica - Fade To Black (I mean the intro solo, you may be able to play it but there is one fast part)
and justice for all - metallica
cowboys from hell - pantera
****ing hostile - pantera
cemetary gates - pantera
diary of jane - breaking benjamin

umm other then that just surf through your music and pick stuff out
Quote by Superstrat101
Crazy Train?

Yeah that rocks, I can't play the solo but the rest of it isn't that hard.
Quote by wesselbindt
Then you should try dangerfapping. It involves fapping till ur halfway there, and then calling ur mom or dad to your room, and than try to cum before he/she enters your room. It's an incredible rush.
revival of the thread... cmon im in need of a good rock song with medium solo
something along the lines of foo fighters rock or whatever... but not foo fighters. JUST ROCK! and nuff metallica.
Quote by braydz
revival of the thread... cmon im in need of a good rock song with medium solo
something along the lines of foo fighters rock or whatever... but not foo fighters. JUST ROCK! and nuff metallica.

I was in the same boat as you and someone suggested learning the solo to Paranoid by Black Sabbath. It took me an evening to learn and it sounds pretty cool, I have recorded it and stuck it on my profile.
learn mr crowley. sweet song, i swear its aawesome

or the trooper is great too.

walk this way if your feelin bluesy...

i think im heading toward allman brothers or pantera for the next one i learn