Page 1 of 4
Let's admit it: every guitarist from the 20th century has some one that the look up to that made them want to play the damn instrument from the first place.

Even Josh Homme, who grips on his belief that ripping off an another person is ****ed up, admitted that his main influence was Black Flag.

For you who was the biggest influence, only one individual?

It will be Jimmy Page for me.
No Zeppelin, I wouldn't be playing guitar.
Synyster Gates *flameshield on*

not in the way of tone because i agree on synysters tone being suckage
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Avenged Sevenfold
Guitar Accesories Fund: €300

My Gear:
Copy of Fender Strat
15W gear4music amplifier
Boss ME-50 Pedal
Quote by Lil Macker
Ritchie Blackmore.

He's underrated horribly.

He is, people talk trash of him because of his simple riffs.
It's not fair, considering that his simplicity created the catchiest melodies in Rock history
Quote by MattAnderson111
Billie Joe Armstrong.....

I was like.....11

yeah... I know...

I was eleven too...

Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by radomu
He is, people talk trash of him because of his simple riffs.
It's not fair, considering that his simplicity created the catchiest melodies in Rock history

I know! I mean, listen to that solo in Catch the Rainbow on On Stage, and tell me that's not genius.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Chriss Carraba
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
I draw influence from the following based on certain traits of their playing:

-Stevie Ray Vaughan (Most of my blues stuff sounds like him and Freddie King.)
-Zakk Wylde(His super fast solos and his heavy riffing. I get the squeal from him too.)
-Slash ( His mix of pentatonic and chromatic soloing.)
-Randy Rhoads(His classical stuff)
-Dan Donegan(His dead-on stop-start riffage)
-Greg Tribbett(Same as Donegan)
-John Petrucci(His melodic heavy stuff, and his super fast alternate picking)
-Hendrix (His way with feedback and bends)
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Ace Frehley.

As for Blackmore writing simple riffs, I think some of Rainbow's stuff has pretty hard to play riffs.
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
Matt bellamy made me continue to play when i was bored of guitar, and now I'm awesome.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

SuperLol'd
players who can make a real nice melody for me

e.g. john petrucci
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
Hm...You know, I honestly don't remember. I just remember thinking one week "I think I wanna play guitar." If anything, I'm pretty sure it was Linkin Park...
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Quote by ConfederateAxe
I draw influence from the following based on certain traits of their playing:

-Stevie Ray Vaughan (Most of my blues stuff sounds like him and Freddie King.)
-Zakk Wylde(His super fast solos and his heavy riffing. I get the squeal from him too.)
-Slash ( His mix of pentatonic and chromatic soloing.)
-Randy Rhoads(His classical stuff)
-Dan Donegan(His dead-on stop-start riffage)
-Greg Tribbett(Same as Donegan)
-John Petrucci(His melodic heavy stuff, and his super fast alternate picking)
-Hendrix (His way with feedback and bends)

stevie ray was my influence too
Jon Nödtveidt and Infernus.
There are more but those two have influenced my music the most.
Malmsteen, Uli Jon Roth, Marty Friedman, Eric Johnson.

EDIT: ^
Last edited by MoleMania at Nov 23, 2008,
Quote by von gelb
Ace Frehley.

As for Blackmore writing simple riffs, I think some of Rainbow's stuff has pretty hard to play riffs.

But, it just happens that things like Since You've Been Gone and Smoke On The Water are really easy, while Starstruck and Lazy are really hard to get down properly.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Luke Hoskin, Tim Millar, Paul Waggoner, Paul Gilbert, Pat Metheny, Dustie Warring, Mark Tremonti, Jim Root, Thomas Erak, Stef Carpenter, Phil Demmel, Robb Flynn, Jeff Waters, Dave Mustaine, Mikael Åkerfeldt, Fredrik Åkesson, Matt Heafy, Corey Beaulieu, Ben Weinman, Adam Dutkiewicz, B.B. King, Dallas Green, Wade MacNeil, Peter Wichers, Anders Björler, A.J Minette, Dean Herrera, Andrew Tapley, Dave Grohl, Mark Morton, Willie Adler, Steven Wilson.

pretty much all those guys (and more no doubt) have influenced my playing over time either making me learn a new technique or a new scale or even just to write better songs.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by Lil Macker
But, it just happens that things like Since You've Been Gone and Smoke On The Water are really easy, while Starstruck and Lazy are really hard to get down properly.

For me personally, my all time favorite Deep Purple song is Hush.
The lick that comes after "nah, nah nah nah, nah nah, nah, nah nah nah" is great.
Quote by Lil Macker
Ritchie Blackmore.

He's underrated horribly.

I'm not influenced by him, but I agree.

As for my idol, it was Slash when I started, but I started playing heavier it's now Dimebag, Zakk Wylde, Randy Rhoads and Kirk Hammett.
For sale
BC Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic in Koa
Dean VMNT in Silver
Marshall TSL JCM2000 Head

PM For info!

My band
Quote by ShameofaNation
Angus Young

though, dress like him and look completely gay
brian may-his what started me wanting to play, first time i heard brighton rock a little bit of poo came out seriously!

jimi hendrix-for general awesomeness and his kazooie-like-tone (you know thats what it sounds like!)

jimmy page-his groovy riffs and crunchy tone and fingerpicking skills

jack white-very expressionate with his guitar,just listen to ball and biscuit

that is all.
I started back in 89 bands like Anthrax, testament, metallica, megadeth and slayer were what I listened to mostly and I wanted to play like them. As i got older I looked for other muses like SRV, Dime, Zakk, sabbath, maiden, zep, P-Floyd and rush. now days it would have to be people like Jeff loomis, Dave mustaine, Opeth, Chris broderick.
my main influence right now is Hevy Devy Townsend of Strapping Young Lad

just such an awesome guy.
Buckethead, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Slash, Zakk Wylde, Jimi Hendrix, Matthias Jabs, Van Halen, David Gilmour, Angus Young, Jimi Page, and allmost afraid of mentioning: Herman Li.
Buckethead, cause he does just about every style, and I admire his emotion.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
My influence is *prepares heartwarming 8 year old boy routine* my dad! My dad is so good at guitar, he's better than the rest! This one time, my dad played the guitar... BEHIND HIS BACK... with his eyes closed!

No but seriously, my dad started me off, and from there, Jimmy Page, Eric Johnson, Eric Clapton, and a whole whack of others contributed.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Billie Joe Armstrong, too. I was in my Green Day prime back when I started. I soon realized playing Green Day's songs (as much as I like them) was not going to satisfy me entirely.
Last edited by XxGibsonSGxX at Nov 23, 2008,
Randy Rhoads.

That is all.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I'm listing mine in order of my guitar playing, this doesn't mean I still like some of my influences.

Hendrix, Iommi,Cobain, Jack White, B.J. Armstrong, Jack Black(school of rock was popular, and hey the d are awesome) Kim Thayil, Tim Sult, Mike McCready, Jerry Cantrell, Slash, Wylde, Van Halen, Jerry Garcia, Trey Anastasio, Chuck Garvey and Al Schnier.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by thrash232
James Hetfield of metallica (yea i kno what ur gunna say)

and

Zakk Wylde

?
Jaymz rules man. be proud.
Page 1 of 4