Big fan of these two players, amongst others, can anyone recommend a good guitar for this?

I'm quite fond of thin necks, but so long as it's not massive, that's not a huge issue, I'd rather it was without a trem, and with decent upper fret access.

Budget is about £600, can be pushed though.

Any recommendations?
Funny words.
Many of the Ibanez double-cutaways are good for the upper fret desire. In fact, you might want to give the Ibanez Satriani signature series a whirl. It has a trem, but that's avoidable. And if you wan tto take your Satch plaing to a new level, it's right there for you.

I can't give you prices, because of the different currency's, but you should look into it.
Quote by Bleurgh
Almost the exact same thing happened to me except I didn't die .

Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by SteveHouse
2^ What the flying fuck

pack your bags, move to the city.
Thanks for the suggestions guys, probably should have said though before, at the moment I already have an Ibanez S2075, so, I'm really looking for something a bit different, probably to keep in a different tuning.
Funny words.
600 pounds is tricky. Imo you just get 400 pound guitars with extra fancy inlays and figuered woods for that. If you can, better save up to about 700-800 and you can get a simpler, but tonally far better guitar than what you'd get for 600.

Anyway, if you can't maybe check out the following:
Yamaha AES620:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/yamaha_aes620fb.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/yamaha_aes620_rb_egitarre.htm

I don't know how good it will be for shred like Satch, but for stuff like Alter Bridge it should work. The neck is not too thick (but it's not a typical shred neck either), but it's a LP style guitar, so upper fret access is not all that great.

Have a look at Ibanez SZR and SA guitars, they are pretty good after a pickups swap.

EDIT: There is also a grey/black version of the Yamaha available if you care
Last edited by TheQuailman at Nov 23, 2008,
^ I'll take a look at those, thanks!

Is it worth looking at PRS in that price range? I've personally not had much experience with the SE series so, wouldn't realy know.
Funny words.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
^ I'll take a look at those, thanks!

Is it worth looking at PRS in that price range? I've personally not had much experience with the SE series so, wouldn't realy know.

I will have a PRS SE Singlecut for xmas (it's sitting upstairs in a case, but I've played it for hours already) and it's fantastic! With the reight amo, it could easily do what you need. Prehaps a change of tuners needed, but that's not much of a problem cos it costs £400 odd.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here