Hey guys I have a new Valvetronix ad100vtXL combo ( 8 ohm spkr out ) and I have a laney Iommi cab sitting around that is 16 ohms. The VOX manual says dont run anything but an 8 ohm cab. I understand that a perfect match is the best way to go but...Can I run this rig safely? I know u cant/shouldnt run a higher ohm head into a lower ohm cab so is it safe to run my XL @ 8 ohms into this 16 ohm Laney? Thanks.
You really shouldn't mix an match impedance but I think you'll be fine so long as you don't play it loud.

You should really sell your cab and get a suitable one.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
its not my cab...its my friends and its just sittin here...I will get an 8 ohm cab after xmas...but in the meantime...?
Quote by MAXX FIREPOWER
its not my cab...its my friends and its just sittin here...I will get an 8 ohm cab after xmas...but in the meantime...?

You can use the cab. Just be careful.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
return the vox and get a good amp. (in comparison to the pricerange, getting one of those is like getting a huge practice amp...)