So I've wanted an Ibanez PGM301 forever..im not going to be able to afford one anytime soon, and I noticed that Paul has got a HSS config version which I'd love even more! So I'm wondering how much it would cost for someone to do a copy of the HSS PGM301 for me? Also id prefer no name on the headstock, all my guitars have the names sanded off.

Thanks
For someone to build you a decent quality guitar is going to cost basically the same as a PGM301

Its probably not a great idea to ask on here for some one to build it either, I would do your own research and then pick a builder you think is most suitable for your needs.

If you go to this forum there is a list of some UK builders (and some worldwide)

http://simnettguitars.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=15.0

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Or, you could do what the other people did on here and start making guitars for yourself. Put the power in your OWN hands, brother. Trust me, you'll never want to buy a guitar ever again.
Quote by Entrant_21
So I've wanted an Ibanez PGM301 forever..im not going to be able to afford one anytime soon, and I noticed that Paul has got a HSS config version which I'd love even more! So I'm wondering how much it would cost for someone to do a copy of the HSS PGM301 for me? Also id prefer no name on the headstock, all my guitars have the names sanded off.

Thanks

So, you sand the names off your cheap guitars because you're embarrassed by them, presumably in the hope people will think their made by someone else?

That's pathetic.

And a custom guitar would cost significantly more than an off-the-shelf production model - you'd be lucky to get one built for less than a grand.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
So, you sand the names off your cheap guitars because you're embarrassed by them, presumably in the hope people will think their made by someone else?

That's pathetic.

And a custom guitar would cost significantly more than an off-the-shelf production model - you'd be lucky to get one built for less than a grand.

Perhaps a tad harsh. On that topic i can understand where he's coming from, if you've ever gigged with a squier you always get haters. Until that is you put them to shame with awesome tone and playing!

However just save your money and buy the guitar you want. Don't try and cheap out. Save and buy the PGM301 or have a professional luthier build you a similiar guitar. If you make it yourself and you fail you'll be all that cash away from the PGM301 making it harder.
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Just buy the Ibanez. They're about £800 in the UK and to get one custom made by someone good would cost twice that if it was hand built.

On the logo thing- I've decided not to put logos on any of my guitars, everyone does it so im not gonna.
Quote by Absent Mind
For someone to build you a decent quality guitar is going to cost basically the same as a PGM301

Its probably not a great idea to ask on here for some one to build it either, I would do your own research and then pick a builder you think is most suitable for your needs.

If you go to this forum there is a list of some UK builders (and some worldwide)

http://simnettguitars.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=15.0

Thanks for the advice and the link, ill be sure to check it out!

Quote by lumberjack
Or, you could do what the other people did on here and start making guitars for yourself. Put the power in your OWN hands, brother. Trust me, you'll never want to buy a guitar ever again.

See, I was never into anything mechanical..im an electronics guy myself. I can do basic stuff like cut wood, sanding etc. but I would be terrible at getting scale measurements etc. But im looking into it!

Quote by steven seagull

That's pathetic.

HAHA thats so funny..not. 5 stars for jumping to conclusions.
My main guitar has a fender neck on, and an MIA body. I sanded the logo off, I don't want to be falling into the stereotype thats theres one brand to rule them all, im open to all brands.
Eddie Van Halens frankenstrat didn't have a logo..people didnt go "OMG EVH CHEAPASS"

Quote by Madsalty
Perhaps a tad harsh. On that topic i can understand where he's coming from, if you've ever gigged with a squier you always get haters. Until that is you put them to shame with awesome tone and playing!

However just save your money and buy the guitar you want. Don't try and cheap out. Save and buy the PGM301 or have a professional luthier build you a similiar guitar. If you make it yourself and you fail you'll be all that cash away from the PGM301 making it harder.

I can see your point on that note, I wouldn't be embarassed so much though as long as the guitar feels right and gets good tone.
Yeah I was trying not to cheap out, sometimes its the only option :P anyways thanks for the helpful comments guys.