I'm looking for a clean valve amplifier to round out my lead tone, I've got about 1k and am looking to spend around 1,200. I play pretty much anything, so I want a fairly versatile amp, but I only need cleans (I've already got an amp that I use for crunch/distortion) So far I've looked at the Twin re verb, the supersonic, a blues deville and a hot rod. I'm still not really sold on any of them, but the twin and the supersonic are looking pretty good.
I need a good reverb on the amp.
Any recommendations on clean amps for 1.2k?
I am using a jag with medium output pickups.
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.
Ac30? Just throwin it out there....
Or Orange Rocker I think It is
Gear
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Super Champ XD
Line 6 Pod XT
Crate GTD15R
AC30 or twin reverb. The two best clean amps out there in my opinion. You could also look at a Roland JC.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
^^JC's are solid state
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
I know, but they still have amazing cleans.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Twin Reverb.

If you find that it's TOO clean, go for a Super Reverb.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I really liked the cleans on the supersonic I've tried, and the things got a TON of kick for the size, but you may do better with a different amp economically, because a lot of the price in the supersonic is in the revamping of the drive channel, I think.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Jc have the best clean ever IMO
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Twin, Super, or Deluxe Reverbs are all up your alley.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
get a roland jazz chorus
do it
INCREDIBLE cleans, and it doesn't matter if their ss or tube they sound great
and its way cheaper than these fenders (which btw still do breakup pretty easily, and if you are playing really loud will not stay as clean as the roland)
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
get a roland jazz chorus
do it
INCREDIBLE cleans, and it doesn't matter if their ss or tube they sound great
and its way cheaper than these fenders (which btw still do breakup pretty easily, and if you are playing really loud will not stay as clean as the roland)

I don't think so. I've played a cranked twin (I barely survived) and there was not a millimeter of breakup. A deluxe reverb will break up a bit, but not a twin or a super.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Quote by LP51122

I don't think so. I've played a cranked twin (I barely survived) and there was not a millimeter of breakup. A deluxe reverb will break up a bit, but not a twin or a super.

I kinda agree a clean whit a just 2% of OD sound damn badass.

But im still for the JC
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Twin reverb it is then!
(Pending some heavy playing at gc of course)
Thanks everyone.
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.
Quote by alexdoabismo
^^JC's are solid state

You're an idiot. SS doesn't = Bad.
The Roland JC's are some of the best SS clean amps I've heard. My recommendations to the OP are to purchase a second hand JC-120 ($400ish) and use the rest of the money for life's luxuries.
Signatures are overrated.
Quote by Moe.
You're an idiot. SS doesn't = Bad.
The Roland JC's are some of the best SS clean amps I've heard. My recommendations to the OP are to purchase a second hand JC-120 ($400ish) and use the rest of the money for life's luxuries.

A twin reverb isn't one of life's luxuries? :O
Deluxe Reverb? AC30? 59 Bassman? Are you guys serious, those are hardly what I consider "clean clean" amps.