Hey guys looking for a tube amp around 100 to 200$ (US) for christmas the ones I'm between right now are http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-V-Series-V18212-18W-2x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=487055 and http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-V-Series-V50112-50W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=487054 they are both the same price but I don't know which one would suit me best. Also I play rock, blues, metal and stuff like that. Also I'm gonna start playing in a band soon so I'd like to know what you guys think of those 2 and feel free to suggest any other amps.

Thanks in advance.
Gear:

Guitars:
Strat rip off
G-400 alpine white (signed by Coheed & Cambria)
ESP MF-207
RG350DX

Amp:
Crate V50 112

Effects
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Both Crates are very similar. To decide which one would suit you best is simply a question of wattage... are you in a band?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
Both Crates are very similar. To decide which one would suit you best is simply a question of wattage... are you in a band?

actually the v18 is class A whereas the V50 is class AB so there is more of a difference then meets the eye, your best off trying them both first.
Quote by stradivari310

In the process of working out a practice schedule.

Quote by Deanwings79
i think you hsould save up your money for a better $300-$400 tube amp.

My parents can only spend around 100-200$ this christmas

Edit: Also I won't be able to try this amp seeing as no store here in P.R. sells the amps. Also is the distortion good for heavy music?
Gear:

Guitars:
Strat rip off
ESP MF-207
RG350DX

Amp:
Crate V50 112

Effects
Last edited by misfitsweare138 at Nov 23, 2008,
Quote by Highwaytohell
Than tell your parents to just give you the money so you can save for something usable.

Yea I could ask for money but then what amp would be good?
Gear:

Guitars:
Strat rip off
ESP MF-207
RG350DX

Amp:
Crate V50 112

Effects
once you amass 300-400, you could get either a used Peavey Classic 30, or a Valveking. If you're lucky you could nab a used Peavy Ultra.
Quote by Highwaytohell
once you amass 300-400, you could get either a used Peavey Classic 30, or a Valveking. If you're lucky you could nab a used Peavy Ultra.

hmm... A friend of mine is selling a 50w Valveking for 350$ but I don't know if that's a good deal.
Gear:

Guitars:
Strat rip off
ESP MF-207
RG350DX

Amp:
Crate V50 112

Effects
they usually run about 400 new, so if it's in working condition and the tubes aren't shot you've got yourself an ok deal.
Quote by Highwaytohell
they usually run about 400 new, so if it's in working condition and the tubes aren't shot you've got yourself an ok deal.

He's only had it for a few months and he's looking for a mesa boogie so i guess i can buy it from him then, thanks for the help.
Gear:

Guitars:
Strat rip off
ESP MF-207
RG350DX

Amp:
Crate V50 112

Effects