So pit, question is pretty self-explanatory, in what ways do you think the world would different, from a geopolitical point (not interested in other developments in this thread), if WWI had been prevented/not happened.

I for one think that the British Empire would (probably) still be the most dominant force in the world, and that most of the world would still be controlled by the major european powers, with the U.S.A. being on the same level as countries such as germany and france.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Enough with all the WWII threads already!
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I have a time machine, i will go back and stop it, when i return i will have saved this spot in this thread to tell you, unless The Pit will have never existed because of there being no WW1

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
The USA would be an isolated nation that produced nuclear weapons and advertised supremacy without letting people in.

Sort of like North Korea
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by CTFOD

It's WWI .... though WWII is more interesting, why the fuck do people make threads about that these days?

Without WWI, no WWII and therefore no Cold War.
Anyone ever played that game in which you're a British secret agent on the Titanic and you've got to stop the Nazis/Soviets/WWII?

DirtyEdit: TS, you should play this game:
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Last edited by DirtyMakik at Nov 23, 2008,
Quote by ctb
There would a lot less metal bands?

No, that would be if Christianity never happened.

Quote by DirtyMakik
It's WWI .... though WWII is more interesting, why the fuck do people make threads about that these days?

Ah, didn't see that. However, there has been quite a few World War threads in the past few days.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

at his command
Quote by Mechanixx

I for one think that the British Empire would (probably) still be the most dominant force in the world, .

I definitely don't think this'd be the case.
The empire would have had to let Ireland go regardless. Asquith was delighted that the outbreak of WW1 turned attention away from the problems in Ireland.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by CTFOD

1. This is World War 1

2. Why do you care?

3. Your opinion is invalid.

Anyway I reckon that their would be alot more tension between large nations, especially seeing as no institutions such as the UN would exist.
Quote by Rockstar12345
Quote by Mechanixx
1. This is World War 1

2. Why do you care?

3. Your opinion is invalid.

Anyway I reckon that their would be alot more tension between large nations, especially seeing as no institutions such as the UN would exist.

My opinion being that there have been a large amount of threads concerning a world war recently? Elaborate, kind sir.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by CTFOD
My opinion being that there have been a large amount of threads concerning a world war recently? Elaborate, kind sir.

Not that you stated that there were many WW threads, but that they should end.
Quote by Rockstar12345
Quote by Mechanixx

I for one think that the British Empire would (probably) still be the most dominant force in the world

lol.
Germany would be a major force (like really major) as one of the main factors contributing to WW1's outbreak was that Britain felt rivaled by it. Without the war Germany would have continued expanding and growing more powerful. Britain might still have a little bit of an empire as we wouldn't have had to get into so much debt over the war, although it was already decreasing at this point anyway.

That's my little opinion..
That was a rare post..

My band on:myspace facebook UG
Leeds '07 '08 '09!
I don't know the answer, or have anything funny to say, but dude that is one sweet Bulbasaur avatar
Quote by DirtyMakik

Without WWI, no WWII and therefore no Cold War.
Anyone ever played that game in which you're a British secret agent on the Titanic and you've got to stop the Nazis/Soviets/WWII?

DirtyEdit: TS, you should play this game:

YES awesome game, I learned a lot lol
austria wouldnt exist...nothing much besides what was stated before...
Quote by n00bs4brkfst
lol.

am i missing something?
Quote by Rockstar12345
Quote by Mechanixx
am i missing something?

The empire was disintegrating anyway even before the war.

Ireland would've been out regardless.
India too was on its way.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by branflakes439
YES awesome game, I learned a lot lol

funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
That band Franz Ferdinand would've chosen a different name cause nobody'd care who he was!
Quote by Ur all $h1t
The empire was disintegrating anyway even before the war.

Ireland would've been out regardless.
India too was on its way.

The empire really started to disintegrate after WWI (although it reached its largest extent then), but I believe without the massive expenditure and human cost of WWI britain would have been in a much better position to hold onto its colonies.

I do know that Ireland was out, but no offense (seeing as your irish), I don't think Ireland was the most valuable colony in the empire.
Quote by Rockstar12345
There would have been a World War One at a later date. War was inevitable at that period of time due to all the superpowers and the alliances. However, if World War One was avoided, there would have been no World War Two. Russia would still have a Tsar, and the French might be known as a great military power, rather than as "cheese eating surrender monkeys". The upper class would still exist, with servants, and the poor would still be living in terrible conditions. There would probably not be such a strong Labour Party in Britain, and the Liberals would have stood a chance in Elections.

And while many of you are scoffing that the British Empire was on it's way out, please bear in mind that before World War One started, there was a sizeable part of the British populace who believed that Britain should go and take back America. I doubt they could have done, but who knows? With no Germany to fight, they could bring all of their colonial troops to bear. And maybe they could have violently put down any rebellion in India or Ireland, as is the wont of the English throughout history, sadly.
Quote by Mechanixx
e think that the British Empire would (probably) still be the most dominant force in the world

Didn't the British empire only expand after WWI gaining control over the middle east ?
I think that you're confused with WWII. Sorry if I'm confused.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||