well ive asked this before but now ive narrowed it down.

which metalica song should i play for my school performance?ive picked harvester of sorrow, im going to be playing until the solo. but is there a song that i should play that sounds nice? i am thinking the interlude of orion, but i want your song suggestion!
Depends really. Will you be playing alone or with a band ? If you're playing alone, I suggest you take a fairly interesting song to listen to only the guitar, because I don't think the crowd will go mad over some palm muting :P.

Anyways, if I had to pick a Metallica song.. pff.. I think I'd go for Nothing Else Matters really .
Go for to live or to die! Sounds mighty with the acoustic intro
Gear:
ESP LTD EC-401FM STB
Ibanez AR307
Bugera Infinium 333XL
London City Bulldog
Line 6 Pod HD 300
Digitech Digiverb
Wishlist:
Pedalboard
heh. its just infront of like 20 classmates really. lol so i guess theyd like it. everyone knows how to play nothing else matters there so it wont be very good nor impressive
I think he means "To Live is to Die", but I agree, it's a great song. Orion is a good idea too.
I like to go to the playground, and watch all the little children jump and run around. But they don't know that I'm only using blanks.
Quote by crimson205
heh. its just infront of like 20 classmates really. lol so i guess theyd like it. everyone knows how to play nothing else matters there so it wont be very good nor impressive

Whether something is "impressive" is determined by how you play a song rather than what song you play.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Buske6000
Depends really. Will you be playing alone or with a band ? If you're playing alone, I suggest you take a fairly interesting song to listen to only the guitar, because I don't think the crowd will go mad over some palm muting :P.

Anyways, if I had to pick a Metallica song.. pff.. I think I'd go for Nothing Else Matters really .

+1

or Wherever I May Roam

I love that sitar/guitar riff
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by crimson205
yes, and part of that is that i cannot play it perfectly, you are so correct

Wouldn't it be better to work on something you already know and need improvement than to learn something new and be mediocre at that?
Blackened.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
id like something that wont be too repetitive and sound good, doesnt have to be metallica i guess!
Don't play one of there songs that's too fast\thrashy. Like mentioned above To Live is to Die is a great one, Orion too, same with Fade to Black.
St Anger

slip in the lines "we are no strangers to love, you know the rules and so do I"
yo.

I BELIEVE
all nightmare longs pretty sick. also playing the frayed ends of sanity would pretty ****in awsome.
"For Whom the Bell Tolls", and depending on if it's just you playing, play the crazy bass part at the beginning. It sounds SICK with the right distortion and if you play it right.

You could also TRY "Master of Puppets", and if you're not so good at the intro psychotic-ness, try starting at the acoustic part in the middle, as that part sounds AWESOME.

And depending on the environment, "Harvester of Sorrow" might not be the greatest song to play. Don't get me wrong, I love that song, but it sounds a little darker than most of Metallicas earlier works.

You could also play "One", and stop at the chord JUST BEFORE the darkness part (I think it's the E: 0 A: 3 D: 5 chord) i've actually done this before and got a standing ovation afterwards.

Finally, you could do "...And Justice for All", but depending on your skill you may have some problems with that.

All in all, good luck!

EDITTED for spelling.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

If you want something that you can master and sound good at in a short period of time, go with For Whom the Bell Tolls. It's simplistic and badass, if played masterfully.
Master of Puppets would be a good choice, especially if you can stand up and get into it.
For Whom the Bells Tolls looks kinda boring (just looking at tab, havent attempted it on guitar yet) if you're just playing guitar.
Depending on their tastes, they may have only heard the most recent Metallica, so choose something from DM?
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
i already did and justice for all in front of them up till the chords part. =\ i can do master of puppets sometimes downpicking all, but i dont think i can make it sound good publicly.
yeah im really thinking of the day that never comes. i can do the clean intro and before, i guess i can try to learn some more...if i were to pick tthis where shud i stop?
I'm thinking you should either go with 'To live is to die' or 'Trapped Under Ice'
(Gear in profile)

Yes I do like metal, no I'm not a close minded idiot.
you should play Damage, Inc.

Your teachers and principal will love you.

Edit: or if you wanna do something off of Death Magnetic, dont do the day that never comes, everyone would expect that one. Do Cyanide(if you have a wah pedal to rape that is)

Seriously though, I would do Cyanide or Enter Sandman(seeing everyone knows that one)
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Last edited by David_Bowie=GOD at Nov 23, 2008,
Segue into Blackened. Or, anything else heavy from AJFA, MoP, or RTL.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Wait

Has noone mentioned Call of Ktulu?
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
If it's Call of Ktulu you want, start with it, don't transition INTO it.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Try "One". Crowds love it.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by tmfiore
Try "One". Crowds love it.

Same as Call of Ktulu.
Start, not transition into.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Oh, maybe Jump in the Fire?
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Cliffs Of Dover
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by fender4482
Cliffs Of Dover

uh...He said Metallica, not Eric Johnson.

...but that is a great song.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by Kai07
uh...He said Metallica, not Eric Johnson.

...but that is a great song.

walp, he said your song suggestion, but i guess your right. but play cliffs of dover, youll be rememberd at school. everyone will be in the hall saying "OH hay thur isnt that the one dude who played cliffs of dover!" yup.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Seek And Destroy is a classic, and it sounds pretty good on guitar only. You might wanna play those power ballad type songs by Metallica aswell like "One", "Fade To Black", "Nothing Else Matters" and "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)"
i think im going to play fade to black. i dont really understand the tabs for to live is to die and im sure itl be hard for me. and yeh about cliffs of dover...not skilled enough
yeah do fade to black, but shorten it so that after you play the intro solo and the chorus one time do the mini solo, then the heavy riff one time. end with the solo. its epic and really easy.
dude if you're going to sing, then play seek and destroy, ive played it before while singing outcome=HUGE.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.