Well at the moment i'm kind of stuck on which marshall amp i should buy, a 2466 Vintage Modern Head or JVM410H ..... i play all sorts of music so i'm looking for an amp with a nice clean tone but also one which has some variety of sounds.
As i havn't played either of these amps please could somebody help me on which amp i should purchase..... and also if anybody thinks there is any better amps than them to suit my needs please say so
I would suggest going to a guitar shop and trying out a range of amps, not just those two. You never know what YOU will like until you try out a range of amps.
Bloody well play them, our opinions mean nothing because its your opinion that matters.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
in that price range you can basically get anything.

When I bought my Marshall I tried out everything in that price range. I advise you to do the same because spending this kind of money on something that might be good is idiotic. Do the research and you will be happier in the end.

The JVM is a great amp with a huge range of sounds that sounds good from clean to heavy. I enjoy this amp a lot.

I am not a big fan of the vintage modern.. for the price range this would not be on my list.

Then there are the Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifiers. Great amps as well. If EQed properly you can get great clean sounds and well it aint a boogie rectifier without great distortion.

The Peavey JSX great three channel amp with greats cleans, clear articulate distortion that can get heavy as hell.

Krank Chadwick is another great versatile amp.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Last edited by JLT73 at Nov 23, 2008,
Quote by Walshy200
Well at the moment i'm kind of stuck on which marshall amp i should buy, a 2466 Vintage Modern Head or JVM410H ..... i play all sorts of music so i'm looking for an amp with a nice clean tone but also one which has some variety of sounds.
As i havn't played either of these amps please could somebody help me on which amp i should purchase..... and also if anybody thinks there is any better amps than them to suit my needs please say so

Can you be more specific than"all sorts of music"?

BTW, the JVM is on a whole other level, when compared to the Vintage Modern. IMO.