How is Stratocasters for Metal-Lead? Both in sound, feel and the neck? Cause i am thinking of buying a Fender American Standard Stratocaster HSS, but no point if it doesn't hold up. Its gonna be bought online, that's why i am not able to try these things out my self. Thanks a bunch for all help in advance
The humbucker won't be good for metal, unless you replace it. If you're cool with that, buy it. They're great guitars. Try to find one to play first, we can only really tell you our individual opinions on it. For metal, if you don't want to replace the humbucker, I'd say get an Epi LP.

Well, it WILL do metal with the humbucker. If you only play metal, then there's better choices, but if you plan to play cleaner stuff then the Strat's right for you.

What's your amp? No matter if the Strat has the Humbucker or not, then there's no point trying to play metal through a Fender 65 Reverb.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Nov 23, 2008,
*THIS IS MY 1000 POST!!!*

I wouldn't recomend it but it can sound good if you like the sound of it. Personly I would not play much metal with a strat because of the wood.
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Quote by backtothe70s
*THIS IS MY 1000 POST!!!*

I wouldn't recomend it but it can sound good if you like the sound of it. Personly I would not play much metal with a strat because of the wood.

Tons of guys use alder as a wood for metal... Maybe not ash, but alder definatly.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
It can be done, but there's other guitars you should look into if you're playing metal pretty exclusively
Quote by Lil Macker
Tons of guys use alder as a wood for metal... Maybe not ash, but alder definatly.

what are you talking about? My custom is ash and I get a really nice low end for metal riffing.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
well there are more metal oriented guitars...but strats are great for basically anything. they're ameria's favorite electric guitar...mine has a seymour duncan humbcker in it and its great...i don't play metal though.
My HSS Highway One can do metal pretty decent but only with the help of my Metal Muff. My opinion is if you're going for the Standard HSS strat then you might want to swap out the humbucker for something a little nicer, then buy yourself a good distortion pedal like the Metal Muff or something similar. After that you should have something pretty nice for what you want.

On the opposite end of the spectrum there are guitars out there made specifically for metal, but the strat will be more versatile IMO.
Quote by Kai07
what are you talking about? My custom is ash and I get a really nice low end for metal riffing.

I know you can get some nice tones from it, but ash is a very bright wood, so something like basswood, which is mid heavy, or mahogany, which is nice and low, would be 'better'.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker

both woods are good for metal
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!