whats the difference?
my guess is that the 60 has better cleans, but probably lacks in smooth lead kinda tones?
and the 85 doesn't have as good cleans, yet still has better cleans than the 81, and gets the smooth lead tone well?
post please
thanks
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
i dunno the difference but i quess it's all down to whether you play lead or rythem guitar. Because James Heterfield plays with 60's in the neck and he plays mainly rythem guitar whilst Kirk Hammet has 81's in the bridge and neck and he plays rythem sometimes, whilst Zakk Wylde has 85's i the neck and he plays lead guitar.
Quote by britishsligean
i dunno the difference but i quess it's all down to whether you play lead or rythem guitar. Because James Heterfield plays with 60's in the neck and he plays mainly rythem guitar whilst Kirk Hammet has 81's in the bridge and neck and he plays rythem sometimes, whilst Zakk Wylde has 85's i the neck and he plays lead guitar.

basically just proved its all preference.
Quote by acdclandon
has anyone actually tested them out?

i have, the 60 has a more of a deeper tone than the 85, i would say, but the distortion isnt as nice as the 85, not as much attack.
I'd go 81/60, probably the most versatle active EMG humbucking set up.