so ive been planning on getting a new bass for about a month now. I decided on getting a music man bongo but then i tried out a spector im torn between the two. what are some pros and cons about the 2 basses
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Spector-Euro-5-LX-5String-Bass?sku=517428
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Music-Man-Bongo-5String-Bass-with-2-Humbucker-Pickups?sku=515629
Quote by postmortem2006

Give him something he can appreciate.

Herpes maybe.
Im not going to list pros and cons. But they are two complety different bass's in so many aspects. You should really Know what you want in a bass when your spending nearly 2000.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
You should really Know what you want in a bass when your spending nearly 2000.

100%.

If you don't know what you want in a bass, you've got no business spending 2k on one.

It's personal preference, anyway.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
The Spector doesn't look odd. But decide what you want.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

I really want a bongo stealth. But thats me.

Try both out, its really the only way. i dont hitnk i could justify spending that much on something i havent even tried.
3rd option, stingray 5

it's the middle ground between the two
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
i like the bongo more then the stingray, the bongo and the spector are both neutral to me i love them both
Quote by postmortem2006

Give him something he can appreciate.

Herpes maybe.
God that Bongo is ugly.

It doesn't sit comfortably when you play sitting down, either.

Aesthetics aside, I wouldn't touch the bongo. It's my preference, though. That's why I can't tell you what is better and what is worse. I can give you my opinion, and that's the Spector.

I wouldn't spend that much if I wasn't sure what I wanted, though. You should definately know what you expect to get from an instrument in terms of tone, feel, etc. before you even consider spending that much cash on one.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
dont listen to internet forums to tell you how to spend $2000 is my advice that much it really comes down to you
but for looks im in minority that like the look of the bongo but the spector is sexier
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!