i have a humbucker i don't think i have ever got wired correctly. it has 5 lead wires a red,green,white,black and an unshielded ground.it was supposed to be 16k the red and green give me 8k on my meter the same 8k on the white and black. no matter what combo i use i can not get 16k.trying red and white as pos and black and green neg i get nothing.i do have the unshielded ground wired to the ground of the guitar.it has me scratch'in my head any suggestions or ideas would be helpful.
You need to find out what wires the company uses. Red/green, black/white isnt universal. Then you can figure out if you want straight humbucker, parallel/series, phase, or humbucker/single coil. The 5th braided wire is just the shield and ground.
yea i understand the 2 coil concept i can get a reading of 8 on each coil seperatly but when i try to combine them i get nothing i have tried every combonation there is i believe
Quote by lilly139@verizo
yea i understand the 2 coil concept i can get a reading of 8 on each coil seperatly but when i try to combine them i get nothing i have tried every combonation there is i believe
exactly what do you mean by "get nothing"? resistance is zero? resistance is infinite? no sound?

what should happen if you wire the coil in parallel: you get 4k resistance.
what should happen if you wire the coil in series: you get 16k resistance.

"the red and green give me 8k on my meter the same 8k on the white and black."
k, koo.

connect the red and white together, then measure from the black to green.
what resistance do you measure?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by lilly139@verizo

You obviously haven't tried the one that works

Try these, with the north finish and south finish soldered together.

Edit: Sounds like you have the top wiring configuration, so soldered the white and red together (like SYK said).

Last edited by -MintSauce- at Nov 23, 2008,
THANK YOU i connected white and red and now get 16k from black to green!! thanks to everyone that took the time to help much appreciated
k, koo.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.