what would be the best type of pickups to play a range of music but focussing on classic rock, stuff like jimi hendrix, cream, rush and maybe some ACDC esque solos.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
New amp to replace the spider.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
haha what do you recommend i get then? apart from a new amp which is already in order
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by Ghold125
...judging on your profile, i don't think new pups will improve anything

agreed, your not going to hear a difference with that spider II of yours.
I have nothing against them, but every guitar sounds the same with them.
Funny, how nobody actually answered this guy's question, even when he already stated he had ordered a new amp.

I don't know that much about pickups, but I do know about Seymour Duncans.

I'd suggest a Jazz paired with a SH-4 JB or SH-5 Duncan Custom in the bridge. This is a very versatile combo, talking about Hendrix, he could play very distorted tones, blues or funk, so this combo would suit you very well.

Any of these pickups work well with Classic/Hard rock.
Oh, 'cept for you bro.

I tend to take a lot to make a post, so maybe I didn't see it. Sorry.
Quote by stratdud39
yeah i have a set of vintage noisless pups, i love them, better than SCNs imo.

nice. do you have the deluxe players strat? great guitar. although, if/when i get a tele (i'm picky with tele's - burst and bound) i'm swapping for the SCN's (unless it is authentic vintage....which i highly, highly doubt)

but yeah, vintage noiseless pups are the way to go.
Quote by charlie__flynn
haha what do you recommend i get then? apart from a new amp which is already in order

What's the new amp?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I love how, "get a new amp" is always the answer when peopl eask about pickups. I put the SPB-1 into my P-bass when I was playing through a Squier 15watt combo, and I could hear the differance. People who tell you you won't here the differance are just elitist jerks.

In anycase, I'd suggest s lil'59 bridge and whatever you want for the rest.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Quote by Thomme
I love how, "get a new amp" is always the answer when peopl eask about pickups. I put the SPB-1 into my P-bass when I was playing through a Squier 15watt combo, and I could hear the differance. People who tell you you won't here the differance are just elitist jerks.

In anycase, I'd suggest s lil'59 bridge and whatever you want for the rest.

your wrong.
we're not elitist jerks, we're trying to help him, he will be much more pleased with a new amp than with new pups through a spider. and he already said he was ordering a new amp so drop it anyways.
your the jerk.
EDIT: and i have tried many guitars through spiders from teles to hellraisers, so im not just saying what everybody else is saying.
DOUBLE EDIT: and just because you heard a difference with a bass through a squier doesnt mean he's going to hear a different with a guitar through a spider.