Hi

I have been stuck with this crappy practice amp for 2 years and I feel it's time for an upgrade.
I have a band plan with some friends, so i will be needing something that can compete at practice/gigs and whatnot.

I like to play thrash, a bit of death metal (mostly Dethklok), some black metal, classic rock like AC/DC, sometimes i like to play classical guitar through my amp so i need a great clean, but as well as an awesome crunch.
My budget would be 2000$ Canadian tops.

I have been to a local guitar shop and tried a few amps, like the JVM 210H, and i felt it was a little pricey for what you got. I looked at the peavey JSX online and it looks like something i could like, but i haven't had the chance to try it.

Any suggestions on amps would be great.

Thanks!
well,I would try a line 6 spider valve..I know people on here tend to not like it,but its a good amp i assure you
i dont have AD.....ooo,shiny
Quote by chrisofeihenjar
well,I would try a line 6 spider valve..I know people on here tend to not like it,but its a good amp i assure you

he has 2 grand, and you suggest a spider valve?
+1 to the V3, pretty nice amp.
Thanks, i'll go check out the V3, the Mesa and the Krank.
The Peters website is pretty sweet. looking through it now.
Randall RM series. They have interchangable preamp modules, so you can have 2 or 3 different sounds out of one amp, and they all sound great. I wanna get one. I recommend the XTC module for metal and the Plexi or SL+ for classic rock. The Plexi on full gain sounds almost exactly like AC/DC.
Quote by Ghold125

he has 2 grand, and you suggest a spider valve?
+1 to the V3, pretty nice amp.

yes.

i am an exremely cheap person,so i tend to give cheap advice.

but if you want to now the most expensive,i would go for a marshall jvm(i really cant recall the price,and am too lazy to check)
i dont have AD.....ooo,shiny
I'm glad you mentioned the JSX, because that was the first amp that came to mind for me. It's quite versatile. You could also look at a Bugera, although people love to flame them.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
get....a....mesa...stiletto!
lol.

Seriously though, if you can give her some volume, a JSX is beauuuutiful.
Satch's live tone was unreal with it. WAY better than flying in a blue dream's album tone.
All made possible by the JSX.
Get one...in a guitar center/ebay near you!

Sorry guys
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by stradivari310
I'm glad you mentioned the JSX, because that was the first amp that came to mind for me. It's quite versatile. You could also look at a Bugera, although people love to flame them.

My buddy told me to check out some Bugera amps and i really am concidering it. I saw a couple at the local shop but didn't get the chance to try 'em out.

The JSX is not in my area, it's a decent drive to get to the store that carries it. So if i get a chance i would be heading out to try it out.
Quote by Highwaytohell
How about ENGL?

I haven't looked into those. I think i'll do some research.
Quote by acdclandon
bugera 6262 ftw

If your budget is at the point where you're looking into Mesa and the likes, you really don't even want to be thinking about a bugera...
Quote by michal23
If your budget is at the point where you're looking into Mesa and the likes, you really don't even want to be thinking about a bugera...

well than maybe go for a huge expensive mesa if you want, i've heard bugera still kicks ass for that price
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE