Okay guys, I recently bought myself a new Fender Jazzmaster (the Mexican 'Classic Series') and I absolutely love it. IMO, there is no feeling that matches that of playing a new guitar for the first time

I have two questions about it. Firstly, if i were to put a Seymour Duncan SJM-3 in the bridge and an SJM-2 in the neck, would this sound a lot better than the stock pickups? Also, is there a difference between either pickup for neck and bridge positions (so are there, for example, two different types of SJM-2, one that only works in bridge and one that only works in neck)?

Secondly, how can I get the tremolo arm nice and tight? No matter where I start screwing it in from, it always ends up in the same, useless position, and I need to have it very loose to actually be able to use it (and I prefer to have the tremolo arm tight than loose).

Thanks for any help!

Michal
Noice, I'm looking into a CIJ Jag or Jazz.

Yeah, the Duncan's will sound better than the stock pickups in it, and yeah, there's a neck and bridge option for those pickups.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
^ thanks for your help, I'll see if I can order some through my local music shop.

Any help with the tremolo arm would still be appreciated
It's a screw-in arm right? Maybe the arm's not thick enough? In which case I'd put some tape around the threaded area.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
It's a screw-in arm right? Maybe the arm's not thick enough? In which case I'd put some tape around the threaded area.

Okay I'll try that out. What the problem is, I can get it tight - just that to do so, it has to stick out of my reach, which is pointless.
Figure out where the arm was facing before you put it in, then screw it in with the arm facing a different way, so once it's tight, it's in your reach?

It's hard to explain. =/
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
Figure out where the arm was facing before you put it in, then screw it in with the arm facing a different way, so once it's tight, it's in your reach?

It's hard to explain. =/

I know exactly what you mean, and I actually tried with the arm facing in every direction possible prior to posting
>.<

Maybe the tape thing will make it tighten quicker, so it'll be tight in your reach.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
I hope so

Thanks for all your help anyway, man, I really appreciate it. Oh, and by the way, I tried both the CIJ Jag and the Jazzmaster in store when I was buying it. The Jazzmaster was so much better, great warm tone and handled higher gain stuff surprisingly well also, much better than the Jag.
No probs mate. I'm a fan of the Jag for funky stuff, but I'm afraid it might be a bit too thin for my liking. The neck pickup of the Jag I tried was pretty warm, but not so fat. I'll need to try out a Jazz. The CIJ Jazz pickups are just Jag pickups, so if I got one, I'd deffo change the pickups to make it sound more jazzy.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild